Sore back when cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been dealing with intermittant back pain for a couple months now when walking around or standing. The pain was like muscle burning from a hard workout. Leaning over and stretching stopped the pain temporarily. Finally realized it was only when I wore jeans with a wide belt. I'm guessing the belt was too tight and cutting off blood supply. Wear elastic shorts all day and no problems. I may try suspenders. Didn't have this problem when I was 20lbs heavier.

In the end there's going to be no right answer. Heck even just with ME there is no right answer for my back.

I don't do much hand bucking, my back can't handle it.
(Compression wedge fracture in 2 vertebrae, 3 herniated discs and partial spinal inpingment from a fall off a roof in 2010. When I said Vicodin I wasn't kidding... heck it's 3am and I'm wide awake, my back is killing me... pretty much every night is like that.)

Best thing for my back bucking firewood is to 8ft the wood then feed it to the processor with my hiab. Wife runs the processor.

AGREED, just I cut the logs to 20-30ft and load with a skid steer.

Foundation training by dr eric goodman, find it on yoytube, keep back straight and use hamstring and butt muscles, takes time to get used to it then it changes everything

Latest posts

Back