Ok so I have my test date...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I passed but they really aren't kidding about the 4 week part. I received an email from isa about an event, and at the bottom it said I was receiving it due to my membership or certification status. So I went to the isa website and logged in, it says I'm a certified arborist and they've issued a number to me. But no official word yet.
Am looking forward to the learning involved with it, did the callus / wound wood ceu article last night from the journal of arboriculture.

Go to the ISA website. Type your name into "verify a credential". If your name comes up you got it!

Yep, according to the website I am now a certified arborist. I'm pretty stoked too, didn't think I did well on the test at all.
Arborist WE-10727-A

Congrats!
I never had any doubt; a baboon can pass that exam.

When I went to "supervisor school" in the military (ALS for you Air Force types) they taught up to so a compliment sandwich with the poo in between. I only remember that because we had to act out scenarios and I got the B.O. one where I had to tell the women she smelled like the outhouse door of a tuna boat and I somehow made her cry. Whoops.

When I went to "supervisor school" in the military (ALS for you Air Force types) they taught up to so a compliment sandwich with the poo in between. I only remember that because we had to act out scenarios and I got the B.O. one where I had to tell the women she smelled like the outhouse door of a tuna boat and I somehow made her cry. Whoops.
Wtf?

Congrats!
I never had any doubt; a baboon can pass that exam.

So all in all it turned out ok. I passed the test ( my results packet came in this weekend ) and I was able to draw a cool picture on my scantron like in the "Fast times at Ridgemont High" movie.

With regard to the current ISA CA exam, lest anyone think I'm comparing their intelligence to that of a baboon, my comment has nothing to do with the individual writing the exam. It is about the ISA.
In order to pass the exam back in the late 90's (when I first wrote it) you had to be able to identify tree leaf (summer) or twig (winter) samples. Go figure. You also had to achieve a passing grade on every different domain. Lamentably, imo, the ISA dumbed things down to get more people to pass, (in order to generate more revenue for the I$A).

edit. and I think the same trend is in store for the currently-in-suspended-animation BCMA exam.

I wasn't taking it personally Pelorus. I was also just joint with the "fast times at ridgemont high" reference.
Looking at my individual domain scores, they were pretty predictable based on my experience though, so it was an accurate assessment of my skills/ weaknesses for a starting point.

Also for the side note that valley firewood and acer-kid have going, I'm not making much sense of that story either...

Back