The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cedar can be weird like this, they may be grown together good enough to fall at once, or they could just split off on ya, won't know until you cut em.

If possible fall the 2 big stems together with the seam perpendicular to the hold wood, this will hopefully hold them together long enough to hit the ground... hopefully...

For the little guy, cut him free and drag him out with the skid steer before messing with the other two.

It might be a good Idea to have a couple of tree jacks on hand for this one

PS have fun limbing it...
for some reason my trees all want to fall east ,east is the neighbors driveway ,west it will land on my property next to the burn pile i have ,if i can get the 3rd one off first ,that will take most of the east leaning weight away ,not sure how wedges are going to be for lifting ,it looks heavy ,they will keep from getting pinched ,if i use my 41 inch cannon bar ,may be able to make a clean back cut all in one cut ,would sure be nice to get all those limbs on my land near the burn pile

I ass-u-me that there is enough room to fall it without hitting anything?
A Barn/living quarters to the north ,the very top of the tree may touch it ,i have to pace it out ,there is a big fir to bounce off if needed though ,and a shed to the west ,shed is on my property ,but has neighbors power stuff in it ,a deep face it should go where i want it ,if it goes over backwards nothing will get hurt

for some reason my trees all want to fall east ,east is the neighbors driveway ,west it will land on my property next to the burn pile i have
Proof positive that trees can run. Maybe not quickly but the older I get the more they can out-run me on the hunt. I respectfully suggest you may have to out-smart them; ask the neighbour if you can build a bigger burn pile on his side for a few years, and clear your one.

You're Welcome.

I'd board up it and cut a seat for your lead foot to sit in, then cut from the first stump. If they are larger then you have bar for cut a block big enough to put the saw into and cut from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand on the skidder tire and cut them all separate. Put them where you want them.
Done that or stood on the back of a shovel, the only thing I really hate about doing this is that it's harder to get out of the way as easy, then say like a few spring boards put up in a ladder fashion.

P/T is done so I started my chainsaw fitness program tonight using the log piles down at the wood lot. I promised myself and my wife that I wouldn't over do it so I left the gas can and bar oil at home. I took my freshly built and new to me Wicked Work Saw MS361.

I've been dreading starting a saw more than all that hand bicycling the therapist had me do. However, the cycling really paid off as it took me 7 full minutes of cranking to start my saw. I must have missed the "pop". No complaints from the shoulder. :clap: Once it was running, it felt great having wood chips sting my forearm again after almost a year. :dancing:

My little saw is really impressive. In addition to the power, I was also impressed with the fuel economy. It took just under 40 minutes to empty the tank; my 82cc MACs would probably have gone through 3 tanks in that time. If I had had it years ago, I probably would have never joined AS much less bought all those MACs. But without AS I would have never heard of a ported saw much less met Terry Landrum.

I tried to take some before and after pictures of the log piles with my smart phone to show how much work a tank full can do, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to transfer them to the computer. Just as well, as I find that I actually have no before pictures thus rendering the after pictures meaningless.

If time and the log piles will permit I hope to cut two to three nights a week over the summer to get in shape for the cutting season which begins in September.

Ron

P/T is done so I started my chainsaw fitness program tonight using the log piles down at the wood lot. I promised myself and my wife that I wouldn't over do it so I left the gas can and bar oil at home. I took my freshly built and new to me Wicked Work Saw MS361.

I've been dreading starting a saw more than all that hand bicycling the therapist had me do. However, the cycling really paid off as it took me 7 full minutes of cranking to start my saw. I must have missed the "pop". No complaints from the shoulder. :clap: Once it was running, it felt great having wood chips sting my forearm again after almost a year. :dancing:

My little saw is really impressive. In addition to the power, I was also impressed with the fuel economy. It took just under 40 minutes to empty the tank; my 82cc MACs would probably have gone through 3 tanks in that time. If I had had it years ago, I probably would have never joined AS much less bought all those MACs. But without AS I would have never heard of a ported saw much less met Terry Landrum.

I tried to take some before and after pictures of the log piles with my smart phone to show how much work a tank full can do, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to transfer them to the computer. Just as well, as I find that I actually have no before pictures thus rendering the after pictures meaningless.

If time and the log piles will permit I hope to cut two to three nights a week over the summer to get in shape for the cutting season which begins in September.

Ron
Ron try Tapatalk

This was my first tank through the 361 so I have to learn its likes, but with one exception all my other 2 strokes are pretty much the same - winter or summer - pull with choke until pop, change to fast idle and start on next pull. They vary with how many pulls to the pop. The one exception is my 33 year old Mac PM700 - it starts, if and when it wants to start, which lately has not been very often. :angry: Ron

Back