Denatured alcohol or acetone fuel mix??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some info on an rc car post but their engines are supposed to run on some type of nitro and they said with out the nitro their would be a big loss in power. Considering a saw engine just runs on 2stroke though I believe denatured alcohol or acetone both have a higher btu than gas so maybe it would be an improvement in power???

stihl 026 husky 266 xp mac 610 efco 132s craftsman 54cc? mac 1635

Just be careful about needing more flow for the alcohol. 2.4x the flow through the carb jets is needed for alky over gas. Klotz original or super techniplate would be the oils I would pick from for mixing with that tip of fuel

You may not get enough flow through the carb for that much alky. Klotz original or super techniplate would be the 2 oils I would consider for that type of fuel

More flow as in thinner oil or mix? I was thinking more oil to aid in cooling?

You need more oil yes. The alky needs 2.4x the flow over gasoline.

FWIW, the RC car guys are likely running 2-stroke glow plug engines, not spark plug engines. I don't know what that might change, but a good fit for one engine type might be bad for another.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Yeah they are.. I'm definitely curious though a little scared to just try it

Back