Bucket truck as TIP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stayalert

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bucket for TIP?

Finished climbing and dismantling a faltering Maple the other day and a friend of the homeowner was talking to my wife about it….He said he had a willow with limbs hanging over his house etc etc and a guy came with a bucket truck and worked off a rope off the to limb dismantle the tree…..For $300…..I've never worked with, in, or near a bucket truck but I don't think I've ever seen the bucket as a TIP….Is this common or fool hardy?

The guy also told my wife he showed up with like 6 of his sons and was finished in 2 hours...:rolleyes:

I haven't done it off a bucket but I've done it off a crane lots of times. Its sometimes the only safe way to take out a tree that's too dead to climb, but too far from the road to have any useful capacity from the crane and also too far to use a bucket to reach. I've also used that method sometimes for trees which have fallen onto other trees and have no room to be dropped and can't be worked form the remaining trees or guyed/stabilised. Basically work it from the top down which makes a huge mess, but leaves you safe if the tree should upright itself or fall over as you're taking it down.

We mostly use crane for tip if it's unsafe to put a climber in, but have used bucket couldn't reach but we wanted to finish the job with out killing the climber... sometimes I won't pick the dead ass spongy extra wiggly crap and I'll just dangle the climber over the tree and he'll dice it up until I find something halfway solid that won't fail once off the tree

Latest posts

Back