Redmax trimmers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggreene3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody use a redmax trimmer? I'm thinking about getting one from the local dealer, but i was wondering how it compared to a stihl. Also are the trimmers that take different attachments (polesaw, brush cutter, sweeper) any good?

I was at a dealer that carries Redmax and looked at the trimmers. While they have a good rating, I found the brackets that attach things like the brush guard to seem cheaply made compared to the Creamsickles. I have never run one but would choose Stihl just by component quality appearances.

I found a really nice dealer in my area that carries Redmax trimmers. Despite the fixed jet carb, I am wanting to try one of the 1.2 or 1.3 HP models. Probably with the regular torque gear box. I don't like the idea of slower head rotation, if it makes regular trimming harder. The dealer hinted that the carb is actually adjustable too...

I ended up with a redmax trz230s. I've only used it for about 20 minutes, but it seems to be a really good unit, plenty of power, runs good, and super light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redmax made Stihl trimmers for a time. I had one and it was fine.

I have a FS88 that's made in Japan and I suspect its a rebadged Redmax powerhead. It's still going strong almost 20 years later.

what about price stihls parts are cheaper i have a redmax frist year the strato charge came out super light weight i also used it as a loner when a commercial client drop off more then one unit does great

Latest posts

Back