logs, firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geri lot

Reaction score
I live in oregon, and am trying to locate someone in caldwell idaho, or nearby that is willing to help me get in touch with a honest logger, I want to surprise my parents with a load of logs, they are in their 90, and have no other heat, in the old house built in the 1800's. I noticed they were very low, could anyone please help me out? a contact number, must be reasonable, i am not a millionaire, and or if a logger wants to get rid of old logs no one can use, for a reasonable price, it sure would mean a lot to me, thank you geri

U R close enough to Boise that if you put a notice on Craigslist you will likely find something, especially before next fall when wood wud be needed.

I had to dump a bunch of old plastic at the dump last week ($129 a ton to dump here) and the guy next to me was dumping a trailer load of alder, all nice an cut to 18" but with rot starting to set in n edges, but usable firewood.

Guy would have driven to my house (5 mile away) and dropped it off to save his dump fees.

Just now looked at caldwell on craigslist, there are 2 listings today right in town for free firewood, one of them down and cut up. Rent a trailer if you do not have a truck.

PS: My neighbor is 94 and still hauls his own wood, gets all of it free.

U R close enough to Boise that if you put a notice on Craigslist you will likely find something, especially before next fall when wood wud be needed.

I had to dump a bunch of old plastic at the dump last week ($129 a ton to dump here) and the guy next to me was dumping a trailer load of alder, all nice an cut to 18" but with rot starting to set in n edges, but usable firewood.

Guy would have driven to my house (5 mile away) and dropped it off to save his dump fees.

Just now looked at caldwell on craigslist, there are 2 listings today right in town for free firewood, one of them down and cut up. Rent a trailer if you do not have a truck.

PS: My neighbor is 94 and still hauls his own wood, gets all of it free.

Thank you, we live in Oregon and my 90 year old parents live in Caldwell, so it would be extremely hard to go through that process of driving from here find a truck , etc etc you are blessed to have healthy 94 friend. , I would love to find some logging truck full of trees, that they would be happy to get rid of , And deliver to my parents house, , I wish we were there right now and pick up all that wood, but distance does not allow that, doing this long distance is really hard to do, I wish I knew someone there who would pick all that up for me. Thank you so so very much for the info, should you know of a logging company or anyone in that field , who may be willing to dump a load at the house, please do let me know, geri

You c
Thank you, we live in Oregon and my 90 year old parents live in Caldwell, so it would be extremely hard to go through that process of driving from here find a truck , etc etc you are blessed to have healthy 94 friend. , I would love to find some logging truck full of trees, that they would be happy to get rid of , And deliver to my parents house, , I wish we were there right now and pick up all that wood, but distance does not allow that, doing this long distance is really hard to do, I wish I knew someone there who would pick all that up for me. Thank you so so very much for the info, should you know of a logging company or anyone in that field , who may be willing to dump a load at the house, please do let me know, geri
You could try an add on eastern or craigslist, i know for a fact that thete is always trucks hauling from central idaho to the mills in lagrande, pilot rock and john day. Someone with a self loader mite make you a deal as caldwell is much shorter trip than back to the towns i mentioned. There will be details to be worked out for sure. Contact iron triangle logging in john day or as a first step i think they could get you goen in the rite direction.

You c

You could try an add on eastern or craigslist, i know for a fact that thete is always trucks hauling from central idaho to the mills in lagrande, pilot rock and john day. Someone with a self loader mite make you a deal as caldwell is much shorter trip than back to the towns i mentioned. There will be details to be worked out for sure. Contact iron triangle logging in john day or as a first step i think they could get you goen in the rite direction.

Thank you so so very much for your kind help and input!,! How absolutely sweet of you to go out of your way to help! I am new to this so I will have to muzzle through it, is there a phone number or contact person whom I need to speak with, gee thank you again geri

Yep, that long distance help for older parents is tough.

My mom is 2000 mi away. Pop heated with wood till he died at 82 about 12 years ago. My solution was to go back and install a heat pump at the house, now wood stove only used a few times a year.

When my wife turned 65 (awhile back already!), she made me quit heating with wood and installed heat pump at home also. Still go on occasional business trips and she did not like keeping a fire going in the winter - especially the time I went to Scotland for 2 weeks!

Back