port a china saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill update this. I have not bought sealer to delete the gasket yet since I remembered I have some with my Subaru tools in storage ( ultra grey ) and I just have not had time to tinker with it.. Went to cut a locust fence post yesterday and I had started it earlier just to see how easy it would start. 3 pulls running, but I never revved it up.. Anyway when i went to cut the post I could not get it running. Took about 20 pulls and seemed flooded but it started.. First time ever that it has had an issue. But for $118 ill take it.. I looked up the current price for them and they are now $10 cheaper.

what about a 58cc top end? A seller on eBay sells a full kit. P&c crank, bearings and gaskets for $60. Says it fits the 45 and 52 cc also but to get full 58cc the 58cc crank has to be used. The kit without bearings and crank is $40.. I asked what it would end up at and they told me the crank was needed for conversion. So the ad is deceiving. I dont think it makes sense to use only the cases from the original saw. If I could pre port a cylinder it would make sense. But not if I had to swap cranks

what could make the 58cc crank required with the p&c. Squish?

what about a 58cc top end? A seller on eBay sells a full kit. P&c crank, bearings and gaskets for $60. Says it fits the 45 and 52 cc also but to get full 58cc the 58cc crank has to be used. The kit without bearings and crank is $40.. I asked what it would end up at and they told me the crank was needed for conversion. So the ad is deceiving. I dont think it makes sense to use only the cases from the original saw. If I could pre port a cylinder it would make sense. But not if I had to swap cranks

what could make the 58cc crank required with the p&c. Squish?
Stroke for port timing

I never thought about the port timing.. I think if I want a 58cc china saw. I could get a 62cc timberpro which is a legit UK business that specs and qc's them with their branding. Get a bag, and 2 chains with them for $180 with a 20" bar. I'd have to get good chain but, it would be cheaper than building current saw to 58cc in the long run. If I really wanted bigger ccs that is

Or buy a blown saw of Ebay and rebuild it. Got an old 266 and 340 blown off ebay for $120 each and they both are rippin to this day... Why you like the chinese saw?

that was assuming I wanted bigger china saw. Really dont need it. Just a firewood saw. The one I have has been great for what I paid, obviously a name brand would be better... I'll probably just do the gasket delete and call it good

IF you like to tinker with saws, why not mod Chinese saws? Have to say that the MS660 AM parts saw I have, made from Farmertec parts from Huztl is a very capable machine, some simple mods would make it an ANIMAL. (Have a big bore top end I spent like $40 bucks for...its a future video project) . You would have to spend twice the money to match its performance. To me saws are saws. My three favorite saws are, my Husqvarna 555, all OEM; my 365/372xpw another all OEM build.....and last but certainly not least my "blown up" 372 X-Torq re- built with a tweaked Huztl 52mm top end. That saw is a match of a stock 372xpw power wise, and its got enough time on it so I know its not fragile. AND its hard to beat the fun / per dollar had with that rig. It's a sleeper and has been a lot of fun. This thread focusing on that 58cc saw is great and could be a lot of fun building it into a sleeper like the "Cyclops" saw I did.

Two of those saws right here:

but if I made a china saw sleeper would i be best to start with a 62cc zenoah 6200 copy or the 52cc into a 58cc? An obvious weight difference. To buy a 58cc out of the box here in the us has to come from timberpro and they are $175 shipped. The 62cc is $180 so that is senseless.

but if I made a china saw sleeper would i be best to start with a 62cc zenoah 6200 copy or the 52cc into a 58cc? An obvious weight difference. To buy a 58cc out of the box here in the us has to come from timberpro and they are $175 shipped. The 62cc is $180 so that is senseless.

Not talking about cylinder changes, port the thing. See if it can be made to run with a main stream saw in that class such as a 357 or comparable stihl... that's the challenge and where the fun is. If you had bought the smaller version, then getting the 58cc top end makes sense if your trying to boost performance... hobbies aren't always about making rational decision's... If that's a work saw, leave it alone!

ill port it as a 52cc. If I screw up, a $52cc top end is $40. If I can make it run sweet. I'll buy another saw and do a 58cc conversion. See how 'hot' I can make them run

when I tear it down and put it back together, should I switch oil ratio? It calls for 25:1 which is what I run, in some cheaper synthetic oil in the mix ratio type bottle.. One seller of these saws has them EPA certified and they look to come with a Cat muffler and they call for 40:1. I like 32:1 for my equipment but have run this on specific mix for the saw

It calls for 25:1 which is what I run, in some cheaper synthetic oil in the mix ratio type bottle..
I have 32:1 mixed in mine will put the video up tomorrow
mick (buzznutsoz) has me running 98 e/free gas here in aus with mineral oil give it its virgin run tomorrow, stock chain odd sized cutters and all then swap for hand filled chinka chain on the 18" bar

I never even looked at the stock chain close. It looked ok and it cut ok till it dulled but I swapped it for 34LG at that point. I still have it Tho. Sounds like ill be switching to 32:1. I have it running 87 octane now, but will have to run it on hi test when the comp goes up

this sucks cause its gonna make me spend money. I bought a returned 25cc MTD tiller from WalMart dirt cheap. The thing would not run right out of the box. Carb was messed up. I took the walboro carb off of a 27cc troy bilt trimmer that had a blown clutch, and it runs ok. Now I was looking at the trimmer powerhead and I think the jugs will swap. 2cc wouldn't be a lot until I ported it.. I'm thinking it will be a great starter because if I screw up the scrap powerhead it cost nothing anyway.. I'd just hope the cranks had the same stroke but they are top plug so that's easy. I think the jug and bore is the difference tho.. Both are MTD products.. I could even do an expansion pipe supported to the handle with a vibration bumper. The reason I thought of this. Is I was tilling part of the old cow pen today, hit a root and stopped it dead. Needs more power

This may sound stupid, or maybe I just am, but where are some places to check for chinese saws? Each time I google around I'm finding Alibaba or some place that is listing them in lot sales... trying to find individual. I'm also looking moe in the 70+cc range. I've seen what looked like 038 knockoffs which I wouldn't mind trying and flogging, or one of the 70+cc Husky copies. I had an 038M I loved but it was stolen in '06. I have 3 saws in the 50cc range so don't want another. Any pointers is appreciated guys! Thanks,

Duan

there all over eBay... Timber pro from UK sells their branded saw in a 62cc with a 2yr warranty. They are like $180 and have great reviews from amazon Europe from those that get them locally. You can get them from ebay

I never did port this saw. Just didn't feel like it but its still going strong

Hey, very sorry to dig up an old post, but was just researching "timberpro" to see the quality. Currently on eBay, a guy is selling the 62cc version for $42.00 + free shipping.

Again, sorry to dig up an old post, but was seeing the $180 price thrown around and thought if any of you are still interested, great chance at it...

EBay item # 322071658990

Wow, hurry, when I started reading.. 2 sold in 1 hour, up to 4 already..

Hey, very sorry to dig up an old post, but was just researching "timberpro" to see the quality. Currently on eBay, a guy is selling the 62cc version for $42.00 + free shipping.

Again, sorry to dig up an old post, but was seeing the $180 price thrown around and thought if any of you are still interested, great chance at it...

EBay item # 322071658990

Wow, hurry, when I started reading.. 2 sold in 1 hour, up to 4 already..
I have used the 52cc 5200 instead of hiring for a day.
I Also have a 76cc with Tsumura style tip @ 3/8 .062 84dl.

Both are in pieces to port currently
IMHO a tight budget @ $42 treat it nicely, sharpen/replace with branded chain/smaller bar and it will serve you well.

Some of the bigger(70-82cc) saws have bars that look a lot like Tsumura Noses.

Latest posts

Back