Yard Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds as though the tree he was attempting to pull over with his tractor, won the tug of war?

Stuff of my nightmares!

I've had my tooltruck's rear wheels about a foot off the ground pullin over big Eucs with blocks in them for a 2:1 gain while winching them upright and my way, tied off to a separate tree in front of my truck of course!

And while I have always won my tug of wars at work, in my nightmares I see my beloved tooltruck flung through the air like a rag doll and crushed like a soda can.

RIP Old Timer, my condolences to his family and friends.

jomoco

My guess (and I freely admit its a guess) would be that the tractor flipped over backwards, and he wasn't using his seat belt. If you aren't belted in then the ROPS is just another piece of the tractor that can kill you. He may have hit his head on the ROPS bar as he was thrown off, or it may have rolled over him.

My guess (and I freely admit its a guess) would be that the tractor flipped over backwards, and he wasn't using his seat belt. If you aren't belted in then the ROPS is just another piece of the tractor that can kill you. He may have hit his head on the ROPS bar as he was thrown off, or it may have rolled over him.
My bet is rolled to side its pretty hard to flip a tractor backwards. I mean I have had mine stood up a good bit but its way easier to roll sideways imo.

Latest posts

Back