Poplar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum.... i can see that i guess ive my thumb over the off switch and the making major cuts. my old account doesn't have one just the new one.

Hahaha thats good. And I'm sure mildly true and your guyses world atiny miscalculation can cost millions or someone's life I know loggers are some of the most hot headed people in the world! With good reason!

bfdbb8b3f078c4e506ec6a6863b55297.jpg
d2287cbd34c98afaab429d84ef5b5f18.jpg
29aa64188c7c677d3eec3786fc680853.jpg

No doubt you've got what it takes.

The right gear and techniques makes it easier, safer and faster which no doubt you'd gravitate towards if do this work enough.

Thanks brother. I got a couple more posts I'm kind of dragging them out cuz I think you guys are pretty cool and I know I won't run across another tree for a while but if and when I do this is going to be my new record of it. and hopefully I'll just keep trying to learn a long away.

With respect, get some instruction/experience somewhere, you're obviously keen and a go'er but it might save your life.

From the stump it appears the tree sat on the bar and you had to get a wedge in there to free it ?

The front cut is nearly right thru' the tree, that isn't the best way to be honest.

Read up on the falling threads here, you'll see 30 - 40% of diameter mentioned regularly.

No wedge. It was close though my saw slowed a little toward the end. My slice told the story through the rings of stoping 3/4 through the center ring.

Youll see and hear that old saw slow a few times in the video. But the saw has lost some gumption in the last few years i feel. Its 10 years old.

Thats good advice i always guessed just past half. And i wanted to make shure my bar would go through in one cut. My slice i had to cut both sides of the tree.

Back