Interesting Article on Emissions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comments must have been disabled. I'm not seeing any at the end of the article.
Yeah, strange... they were there on Monday.

Basically you had the "I hate wood burners" crowd spewing (so-called) "facts" about how wood smoke is killing everyone... even going as far as claiming it was more deadly that secondary tobacco smoke. :laughing: Did you know that when you light your stove the concentration of wood smoke inside your (non-wood burning) neighbor's house will actually be higher than it is outside?? And if you have children in your home you're gonna' kill them... there should be a law prohibiting you from burning wood if you have kids... it should be a class A felony equal to murder :ices_rofl: No bull-crap man... if you can even smell wood smoke you are being harmed many times more seriously than if you were sucking on your car's exhaust pipe.

And then you had the other side spewing equally ridiculous "facts" about the evils of heating with fossil fuels.

If you'd really like to get a feel for what the comment section was like... just head on over to the Chainsaw Forum and read the 250+ page "Oil Test" thread :laughing:

Yeah, strange... they were there on Monday.

Basically you had the "I hate wood burners" crowd spewing (so-called) "facts" about how wood smoke is killing everyone... even going as far as claiming it was more deadly that secondary tobacco smoke. :laughing: Did you know that when you light your stove the concentration of wood smoke inside your (non-wood burning) neighbor's house will actually be higher than it is outside?? And if you have children in your home you're gonna' kill them... there should be a law prohibiting you from burning wood if you have kids... it should be a class A felony equal to murder :ices_rofl: No bull-crap man... if you can even smell wood smoke you are being harmed many times more seriously than if you were sucking on your car's exhaust pipe.

And then you had the other side spewing equally ridiculous "facts" about the evils of heating with fossil fuels.

If you'd really like to get a feel for what the comment section was like... just head on over to the Chainsaw Forum and read the 250+ page "Oil Test" thread :laughing:

Wow, I would imagine they have a great dislike for The Boy Scouts and campfires that we cook on also.

Wow, I would imagine they have a great dislike for The Boy Scouts and campfires that we cook on also.

Boy Scouts are bad!

You can't have sheeple who are trained in survival skills, teambuilding, cooperation, and working for the desired outcome; it's bad for FEMA when you plain don't need them.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised BSA hasn't been added to a terror list by now.

Boy Scouts are bad!

You can't have sheeple who are trained in survival skills, teambuilding, cooperation, and working for the desired outcome; it's bad for FEMA when you plain don't need them.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised BSA hasn't been added to a terror list by now.

The BSA has been added to the terror list. In fact the gubmint transplanted a new Chief Executive that is slowly changing the beliefs of those more moderate scouters to accept the gay and homosexual community into the flock. Consequently enrollment has fallen off and numbers are in decline. They also lost a lot of long time sponsors, churches were the predominate sponsors for decades and with relaxation of the standards concerning societal beliefs 2 years ago, the Baptist Church dropped the local Scout Troop and they had to find another sponsor (even though they did not have any known gay scouts or leaders). So the "moderate left" is slowly winning over that battle. In our situation the Church or sponsor has to sign off on any new adult leader joining the Troop. Ours have promised they will not knowingly accept that type of individual into the Troop leadership.

So we carry on our message and skills to those who will listen , learn and accept our principles. And yes, we cook over campfires and charcoal.... No EPA permit required yet:D

Just checked that out - and read the comments.

It's a wonder we're allowed to do anything at all these days with people running around spewing BS like that from the mountain tops....

Wow, just read the comments...finally able to. It's no wonder this country is in the shape it's in. The propaganda machine is humming right along. Looks like if you have a PHD behind your name or some kind of a title, you can say anything and the whole left side of this country will believe you, lock stock and barrel. Sheeple...the downfall of what once was a proud, resourceful, entrepreneurial nation. Now the majority sit and wait patiently for their next thought to be told to them.

Back