Getting land bushhogged and cleared. What to do after?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had the first person out for a quote on bush hogging. I realized weather I clear the land or have someone else do it, I will have the most work keeping it clear. The ground is really uneven, and I am afraid would challange a standard lawn mower like I have. Is there such a thing as a heavy duty lawn mower? Maybe something in the $5-6000 range. I looked at some subcompact tractors but new ones run well over $10,000. And that is being conservative. I won't use a tractor that much, since I am not a farmer. All I need is a lawn mower right now. Or should I be looking at something else? I don't think of a zero turn mowers doing well on uneven ground. I do have a old Ford tractor that hasn't run in 20 years. It is one of those tiny, dangerous models. But it didn't run right when my grandfather bought it or, more likely, he realized how dangerous it was and parked it.

Well, thanks for the advice!

What was the quote on bushhog? Bush hog 2 times a year, that will keep it cleared.
I have a Grasshopper mower, and it will handle any ditch or hill you can throw at it.

$60 an hour if we let him do it in two or three evenings. $65 an hour if he does it in one day.

I looked at Lowe's as I was passing through, and saw a Husqvarna LGT2654. That is the kind of mower I had in mind.

Thanks to the guy who said to calm down. I needed that.

Blaster, it is a small area ~1.5-2 acres. I am having it cleared because I am tired of looking at it being overgrown.

Why not level it out so its easier to mow?

I guess I could in time.

Another question is what type of Hog? Just a big rotary mower or a flail type( preferable)

I don't know which kind he uses. I will ask him.

Not sure what is there as far as trees,rocks, ect. Maybe have it brush hogged, sprayed, and plow it, disc it and seed it with grass. Or If there's any farmers around let them plant alfalfa on it or something. If it's suitable for that. Maybe they would clear it for you. Around here they would. Good luck

You should easily mow and acre in less than and hour using 5' bush hog, pay the man..........$250 + - to keep it maintained each year is a good deal. Unless you just wanted to buy a new toy.

Latest posts

Back