Before & After photos with prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COREtreeservice

http://www.coretreeservice.com
Reaction score
For anybody interested in what prices are like in Phoenix I posted a bunch of recent before and after photos of various jobs with descriptions and prices.

Here is an example. Overgrown Mesquite Tree

If you hit the back button at the bottom you can see the rest of the pictures/prices. I'm curious if different parts of the country are higher or lower than we are. We have a huge problem with guys working uninsured and doing cheap work and that drives down prices for everybody. I wonder if you guys in the north half of the country can charge more.

That was pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing.
I'd say your prices are very reasonable considering your licensed and insured.
Cool website

That was pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing. I'd say your prices are very reasonable considering your licensed and insured.
Cool website
Thanks Tree94. Long ago I used to be a web developer so I built it.

My regular insurance isn't too much but Workers Comp is 30 cents on the dollar. Oh man! And I've never had a claim.

Thanks Tree94. Long ago I used to be a web developer so I built it.

My regular insurance isn't too much but Workers Comp is 30 cents on the dollar. Oh man! And I've never had a claim.
'

Do you think it helps your business by putting the prices?
I've never thought about doing that

'

Do you think it helps your business by putting the prices?
I've never thought about doing that

To be honest I think it does. It gives regular customers some information that they want before they call and keeps away the riff raff that want to pay $50 to trim a 5,000 pound Mesquite tree. hehe

For anybody interested I have 2 other sites with before and after pictures and prices.

www.treetrimmingservice.com
www.commercialtreeservice.com

I'm building another site, www.phoenixtreeremoval.net. I'm going to use before and after photos with prices like the other sites but it probably won't be done until this weekend. We have a bunch of trees to work on this week and it's HOT! 110 +/- in Phoenix. Yikes!

To be honest I think it does. It gives regular customers some information that they want before they call and keeps away the riff raff that want to pay $50 to trim a 5,000 pound Mesquite tree. hehe
thats a good point.
good thinking

So do you do like 10 jobs a day? To me those prices seem low, idk

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I can only wish! Labor costs are so low in Phoenix that prices have gone through the floor.

This is the palm we did yesterday. Palm Tree Job

Thinking back I believe it's the most expensive Palm we've done this season.

BTW according to Angie's List the average price for stump grinding nationwide is $309.

In Phoenix it's probably close to $150. A team of 3 guys will dig with picks and shovels all day and pull a stump out for $100. And they're happy to do it.

I can only wish! Labor costs are so low in Phoenix that prices have gone through the floor.

This is the palm we did yesterday. Palm Tree Job

Thinking back I believe it's the most expensive Palm we've done this season.

Your prices are extremely fair. Low, in fact, even for Oklahoma. The website I looked at was very nice, I can see how it would benefit your business.

Your prices are extremely fair. Low, in fact, even for Oklahoma. The website I looked at was very nice, I can see how it would benefit your business.
I hope over time I'm able to raise my prices to ensure a profit.

We did this just just 2 days ago for $200. I'm curious what you would charge for that in Oklahoma. Or for that matter any other part of the country.

Mesquite trim and thin job

How long did it take? How many guys? We would be at probably 450 minimum maybe 400 if it was fairly close and we wouldn't make a special trip to do it. We don't make our money doing small jobs like that we have plenty of clients that spend a lot of money to keep all there trees looking snazzy. In suburbia it's a compatition between neighbors....
However we actually have trees in out neck of the woods you have desert so I'm sure the rock delivery guy makes the real coin lol

I hope over time I'm able to raise my prices to ensure a profit.

We did this just just 2 days ago for $200. I'm curious what you would charge for that in Oklahoma. Or for that matter any other part of the country.

Mesquite trim and thin job

I don't do tree work, so not sure I can give you prices on some of your jobs. I have some friends that do. I get a lot of firewood from them. I do not go with them on their small jobs like you are advertising so don't know what they charge. I can tell you this. My neighbor had a dead pine in his yard (20" or so). A tree service wanted $300 to drop it and leave it; no bucking, no haul off, no clean up. I dropped it for him for free and bucked it up in about 45 minutes. I roped it to be safe or it would have been about 30 minutes.

I think your price of $200 is fair. If you quoted me $200 I would say "do it" in a heart beat. I am guessing a big company would charge at least twice that here. You might find a lone operator, without much overhead, to do it for less.

My best guess it that a reputable tree company here would charge twice what you are charging based on my experience.

My friends who do tree work have only saws and ropes (for climbing). No truck, no chipper, no trailer, no lift. They rent lifts and trailers as needed. They beat the tree company prices here, but don't think they could compete with yours.

With your permission, I would like to share your website with them. I think it would be a fantastic benefit for them if they could put one together like yours.

I don't do tree work, so not sure I can give you prices on some of your jobs. I have some friends that do. I get a lot of firewood from them. I do not go with them on their small jobs like you are advertising so don't know what they charge. I can tell you this. My neighbor had a dead pine in his yard (20" or so). A tree service wanted $300 to drop it and leave it; no bucking, no haul off, no clean up. I dropped it for him for free and bucked it up in about 45 minutes. I roped it to be safe or it would have been about 30 minutes.

I think your price of $200 is fair. If you quoted me $200 I would say "do it" in a heart beat. I am guessing a big company would charge at least twice that here. You might find a lone operator, without much overhead, to do it for less.

My best guess it that a reputable tree company here would charge twice what you are charging based on my experience.

My friends who do tree work have only saws and ropes (for climbing). No truck, no chipper, no trailer, no lift. They rent lifts and trailers as needed. They beat the tree company prices here, but don't think they could compete with yours.

With your permission, I would like to share your website with them. I think it would be a fantastic benefit for them if they could put one together like yours.

Hi Hinerman,

$300 bucks to chop down a dead pine and leave the mess sounds outrageous! But I hear that kind of stuff all the time. I went on a bid today and the customer told me that one of my competitors asked $1,500 to chip a dead Mesquite tree that had already fallen over. My jaw dropped. Basically they were trying to steal from a lady who didn't know better.

If my seemingly endless pain and suffering can help someone else by all means forward them to my pics! :picture: I'm always curious if people think I'm low or high. Mostly I seem to be on the low end compared to the big companies.

If your friends don't have a chipper yet some of their days are challenging. Oh man, that's the one piece of equipment I couldn't live without. That and the dump bed on the truck. If I had to start over again from scratch those are the first two things I'd buy. I'll take those even before a bucket truck (which I still can't afford). :eek:

How long did it take? How many guys? We would be at probably 450 minimum maybe 400 if it was fairly close and we wouldn't make a special trip to do it. We don't make our money doing small jobs like that we have plenty of clients that spend a lot of money to keep all there trees looking snazzy. In suburbia it's a compatition between neighbors....
However we actually have trees in out neck of the woods you have desert so I'm sure the rock delivery guy makes the real coin lol

That was a 2 man job and took an hour and a half. Even by our standards we were probably just a tad on the low side for price.

Yeah the native trees in Arizona are more like bushes compared to the trees around the country. 99% top out at maybe 35 feet or less. Some of our non-native trees like Eucalyptus can get a lot bigger though.

I did this Pine removal yesterday for 400$ -
20150718_085054.jpg20150718_100832.jpg 20150718_130943.jpg

Did this palm for only 45$ - (I underbid the hell out of it! Thats what happens when you bid over the phone!)
DSCN0143.JPG DSCN0149.JPG

Did this palm for 290$ - (Bid so high because I went up SRT to stay outside the canopy)
DSCN0090.JPG DSCN0097.JPG DSCN0104.JPG (really wish I would of cut that frond on the right side. Couldn't tell it was sticking out so far when I was up there thoough)

Trimmed all these palms for 20$ a tree. did the work for a landscape company, all I had to do was climb and cut, they picked everything up. i make good money doing these kind of gigs.
DSCN0089.JPG DSCN0113.JPG

Back