whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little company had a good day, the first time I had two jobs running at once. The climber and I showed up with a ground crew, wrecked a small tree, and while they cleaned up that mess the climber and I went to wreck two dead elms. While we were doing that got noticed by a home owner and another company. Bid a large oak for the home owner and since we had time knocked out the top of a maple for the other company. What was going to only be a half day turned into a full day + hopefully work for the future! I am loving my job, well at the moment. lol

Pulled my hamstring somehow Friday on a easy basic tree... was about 20 feet off the ground. Seems this tree man is always gimped up.

Boy it's hard to keep a good groundie. Can't blame a guy for realizing there are better ways to make a living. The good one I've had for the last three monthes just left me for greener pastures. I paid him we'll, bought his lunch daily, and bent over backwards to make him happy. Boy he was a good worker. I'm happy for him that something better came along, but boy, it's kinda like getting dumped by a girl.

My summer help (19 year old kid with no experience but will drag brush all day) cut the tip of his finger with a hand saw. I reassure him he is not going to die and clean/tape it up for him. About an hour goes by and I notice my guy is holding his hand and a older lady is helping him bandage it again. I'm thinking he cut himself again. I walk over to see whats going on and it turns out the lady is a nurse. He didn't cut himself again and I thanked the lady for her help. Wait for it fellas, ....................the lady is his mother. The kid called his mother from the job site to come look at his finger. I still can't believe it. There is something seriously wrong with this new generation.

Or they could be a seed you planted in a pot. Once you have watered and cared for this plant it needs more space. Be happy you are passing on the information you have. Sooner then you may think YOUR small practices may become SOP in your area. Put good thing out and they will be returned. Also taking care of your guys, word will get around, people will want to work for you.

Or they could be a seed you planted in a pot. Once you have watered and cared for this plant it needs more space. Be happy you are passing on the information you have. Sooner then you may think YOUR small practices may become SOP in your area. Put good thing out and they will be returned. Also taking care of your guys, word will get around, people will want to work for you.

That might be true but I'm still going to give him grief for calling his mama.

Took out a Crab Apple, pruned a Maple(raised the canopy), dead wooded a Late Apple and another Crab Apple, pruned an overgrown Boxwood, and raised a Magnolia. Didn't have to climb for a change, worked by myself, drug the brush. Figured out my T92 doesn't like synthetic 2 cycle.

Latest posts

Back