TimberKing 1220 15 hp Kohler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I picked up a Dosko chipper, really cheap, from a small time tree service going out of business, and he had a TimberKing 1220 with a 15 hp Kohler. Probably 3-4 years old. Good shape and has been under roof. He wants $6500, seems a little steep.

I have a buddy that owns tree service and we got to talking about getting a sawmill. So, buddy has access to plenty of logs.

What are the worth in good running shape? He does have an extra section on the end, so can cut real close to a 18-20' log.

I have a 1220 with s 25 hp. The 1220 has a 30 inch throat and if ur gonna do hard woods bigger than 24 inches u will need a bigger engine.

Yeah I saw the sale price of the new ones Fish....just wondering what used price would be?
Oh, what year big block 'Cuda you have?

Also, I am not going to like the manual crank feed? He needs it gone soon and I would like to put an offer on it.

Should it be set-up on a slab of concrete for best results?

I am new to this all, not sure I want to jump in or not.

They do have a policy, the way they interpret state law that is different than others in that state that I have talked to. Pay to have it delivered or pay sales tax even if you are taking it out of state. I went for the delivery on a 2000 model but that cost is kind of hard to take on the quote for an edger they gave me which is more than the numbers in this thread. It is also pretty easy to add to the base model even if they claim to have more standard than brand x. If I had to do it again I think I would try and find something with acme threads to raise and lower the head. They say they used to do it that way. As long as the bed is supported enough to stay straight you should be fine I would think. If the slab goes where the sawdust comes out it will make clean up easier. On mine I find if I use a few blocks instead of all of the crank jacks much less motion upon moving the carriage back fast with the hydraulics but that won't apply to a 1220 I don't think.

If u are gonna cut any hardwood the hand crank feed for rye saw head is useless. It didn't matter how tight I gotta cable it would skip in hardwood.

Latest posts

Back