Wood ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chatted with a guy whose dad lined their long driveway with the exact same tree years ago and he said some kind of poplar but didn't know anymore than that. I'm going with some sort of cottonwood as per the info lone wolf has offered up. He is usually really good with tree id.

Chatted with a guy whose dad lined their long driveway with the exact same tree years ago and he said some kind of poplar but didn't know anymore than that. I'm going with some sort of cottonwood as per the info lone wolf has offered up. He is usually really good with tree id.
I only cut a few of them around here you got many by you? They get bigger then most trees here.

Not a Lombardy for sure. Could be a hybrid poplar which is a cottonwood cross. I'm sticking with Aspen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only cut a few of them around here you got many by you? They get bigger then most trees here.
Not a whole lot but it seems they were somewhat popular to plant roughly 30-40 years ago.

I'd go with some type of hybrid poplar then... Black cottonwood (which is native to the Pacific NW), was used as a lot of the stock that were hybidized with other poplars to make the so-called "hybrid poplars" of 30-40 years ago.

Hope everyone had a good Independence Day!

Back