Upgrade saw or mod mine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOBCAT450

Reaction score
Im new to the forum. Maybe you guys can help me out. Im trying to figure out if its worth selling my first gen echo cs600p to upgrade to the new cs620p, or send mine out and have it ported and modded? My saw is in great condition but would like more power and faster cutting speeds. The saw is only used on my property. After searching this forum I see mastermind and snelling seem to be very liked, And do great work. How to you get ahold of these guys? I tried to Pm them but I'm not sure I did it right or they are just overwhelmed with Pm's. Is there A phone number or email address for them. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

How much you looking to get for your 600P? What condition is it in? Their are a wide range of good builders on here. Shoot me a PM if you want more info and welcome to the site.

Is this a trick question? YES! If one saw is out being modded what are you going to cut with? Everyone loves new toys. I would say, if you are really looking to spend that much on a 620pw just kick in the extra loot get the 800p have the bigger saw in case you need it, and once you have it you will find use for it. While your playing with the 800p send off the 600 for some work. It's a win win.

I watched all three vids of your comparison. Must say the echo did a heck of a job with the bigger bar. Are the two husqvarna saws both bigger displacement? I'm not a husky guy. Just got to play with my 455 for the first time today. While I'm not overly impressed I'm not disappointed either. The 455 rancher and 590 timberwolf are the same price at rural king and I'm glad I paid full price for the timberwolf I feel like it's much more saw. But 80 bucks for the rancher was a deal I couldn't pass up. Sorry to hi jack your thread. Still say keep and mod the 600. This series of saws is tough.

I watched all three vids of your comparison. Must say the echo did a heck of a job with the bigger bar. Are the two husqvarna saws both bigger displacement? I'm not a husky guy. Just got to play with my 455 for the first time today. While I'm not overly impressed I'm not disappointed either. The 455 rancher and 590 timberwolf are the same price at rural king and I'm glad I paid full price for the timberwolf I feel like it's much more saw. But 80 bucks for the rancher was a deal I couldn't pass up. Sorry to hi jack your thread. Still say keep and mod the 600. This series of saws is tough.

Sounds like you made out all the way around. The 371XP is 71 cc and not runs much better now its broken in and tuned, the other was a 575XP which I sold because of saw ADD :)

Back