West Ky 385/390 build off update....$$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was I who approached Randy about a stroker crank setup... I've built some in the past, and I am currently building one for a 395, no big secret there as I have posted about it here.

In my interpretation of the rules a stroker crank would be legal, as would a stock 385/390 cylinder which had been bored and replated so long as it were still a one piece jug.

Maybe my interpretation of the rules is somewhat different than everyone else's.

FWIW... I may be bringing a saw to the buildoff, but it will be a stock stroke and stock bore. Seeing that I have never built a saw for the purpose of cant racing I seriously doubt I will make much of a showing but in any case anyone who wants to tear the saw down will be welcome to take the top end off and have a look see...

It was I who approached Randy about a stroker crank setup... I've built some in the past, and I am currently building one for a 395, no big secret there as I have posted about it here.

In my interpretation of the rules a stroker crank would be legal, as would a stock 385/390 cylinder which had been bored and replated so long as it were still a one piece jug.

Maybe my interpretation of the rules is somewhat different than everyone else's.

FWIW... I may be bringing a saw to the buildoff, but it will be a stock stroke and stock bore. Seeing that I have never built a saw for the purpose of cant racing I seriously doubt I will make much of a showing but in any case anyone who wants to tear the saw down will be welcome to take the top end off and have a look see...

I would like to see you and randy do the build.

since the cats out of the bag, i'm planning on 41 mm stroke, 55 mm bore, 97.4 cc, just shy of 6 cube, for a 6 cube race saw, on pipe. the wild thing

so why build a stroker? look at a 046 and a 064 and you should find your answer.

lets keep it fun guys, life is too short to be pissed off.

:numberone:

Who was the guy that had that 390, that was always crowing about how it was "the perfect example of a true hotrod saw and undefeated in cant racing"?

Is the "perfect" 390 racin'?

It was defeated on May 25th of this year.

It's definitely a fast saw. But it isn't undefeated now. ;)

I will say, that every saw that Brad brought was a damn fine runner. He does a heck of a job.

It was defeated on May 25th of this year.

It's definitely a fast saw. But it isn't undefeated now. ;)

I will say, that every saw that Brad brought was a damn fine runner. He does a heck of a job.
It ended up with the fastest cut time of the day in its class, even if it did take several tries to beat that 066 :)

Musta been one stout 066. Regardless it's fun.

One thing I don't understand. Why do I like standing in a pile of chips?

It ended up with the fastest cut time of the day in its class, even if it did take several tries to beat that 066 :)

Your saw ran real good. Only Saws faster I saw there was Ron's 066 and Shawn's 390.
Iirc Ron had fastest 10x10 time with his 066 and 20x20, but I think Shawn's 390 was suuuper close. I had one time under 8 seconds in 20x20.
No shame in your 390 losing to either one, it was impressive.

Latest posts

Back