The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cringe to think of the bugs in those swamps. A guy would be one big bite at the end of the day. I remember a video of two guys chopping a cypress from a boat. They worked in tandem as the boat rocked.
My friend's dad was on a patrol boat in Vietnam. He said the only thing that would keep the bugs off you was by rubbing diesel on your skin.

Back in my VA days I had an old guy who was on one of the observation ships at Bikini Atoll. Pretty much covered in skin cancer.

Going in to get cut on again tomorrow. Doc Calvo says ifhe takes another 1/2 inch off my ccollarbone I'll be good as new. Still wrapping my brain around that one, but Jon reccomended him, so I'm sure I'll be fine.
Whoa Whoa Whoa........I thought you said you wanted three inches added to your penis, not a half-inch taken from your collarbone! I totally sent you to the wrong doctor! My bad.

Heading back from the folk's place and I passed a loaded log truck here about half an hour ago, so I call him up on the CB, and ask what the Hel he's up to running logs at damned near midnight...

Guess there shutting it all down at midnight tonight, so they are getting all the wood out they can, DNR, FS land all getting closed until it tries to rain. Pretty sure some of them loads have been easily 10k over weight...

The good news is he said I probably won't be able to do a good military press or bench press again, so I have a great excuse to get old and fat.

I'm sure I'll hit the point where I can do the occasional climb, but I think production climbing is out of the picture. Good news is I have a friend with a cell tower maintenance business that wants me to me his safety/operations officer. Gonna need to collect some more certs, but at least those towers don't generally fall while you're in em.

As far as me working the ground for ya Jon, I think I've had enough excitement for one year.

The good news is he said I probably won't be able to do a good military press or bench press again, so I have a great excuse to get old and fat.

I'm sure I'll hit the point where I can do the occasional climb, but I think production climbing is out of the picture. Good news is I have a friend with a cell tower maintenance business that wants me to me his safety/operations officer. Gonna need to collect some more certs, but at least those towers don't generally fall while you're in em.

As far as me working the ground for ya Jon, I think I've had enough excitement for one year.
On the bright side, that tree almost made you dead and stuff -- & you escaped.

Sounds like the cell thing will pay better too. Glad the pain is reduced!

:0)

Latest posts

Back