Somethin tells me this is a homeowners work...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would a pro approach it from here. A lift? Seems to be the only solution right?

Unless they ducktape the main stems back on to get a good rigging and TIP

:laugh:
Well not the only but is the safest! If I were called and I have been called on similar I would explain they added cost to a cheap job lol! IE prior to you taking out my safe tip and rigging points now we gotta bring in the equipment $

I'd bring in a bucket, have it down in less than an hour. Under $200. Less if the homeowner did their own cleanup.
Wow your cheap, lol yes an hour tops but then hour to deploy to job! I might put it on the ground for 2 bills if I was in the area but only if they cleaned up if I clean up 400 no questions but then when I clean up its blown raked noting left behind!

Well not the only but is the safest! If I were called and I have been called on similar I would explain they added cost to a cheap job lol! IE prior to you taking out my safe tip and rigging points now we gotta bring in the equipment $

I would assume the other stems might have been ok for a TIP and rig out the sections over the house first, im thinkin they did bass ackwards but im no pro. Just learnin from mistakes

I'd just be interested in their methods to proceed. It would be good to gain the knowledge wether it turns out good or bad. And of course what could have been done to prevent an accident next time. Im trying to soak up as much knowledge as i can. Not trying to be nosy, just curious in case the future holds a situation like this where i may have the chance to bid the rest of the removal and how i'd get it done safely and without said holes in the roof and failed gutters.

well you're not going to learn anything from those pics. Maybe what not to do.

They should have left the other leads to rig those tops back towards the street. First. Then cut the easy stuff that can notch and free fall.

nothing like making things harder on yourself!

Their problem, not yours.

True, just figured maybe id get a chance to watch and like you said, learn what not to do when they do proceed with the takedown however they might be planning.

I agree with ya, im always lookin to learn, even the bad stuff

View attachment 434238 View attachment 434239

Is this normal practice?? i'm far from being a qualified arborist and i'm learning to climb soon to start out but something doesnt seem right with this removal. Should i say something to the homeowner? Is this a disaster waiting to happen? It's about a mile away from my house, counted 6 ladders lying around and they dropped the opposite side in the road and left it strapped together with a short chain and rachet strap. I'm concern, would anyone do this??
Well not sure why the remaining portion can't just be Murphed?? Put a rope or two in the top tension up remove come along remove trunk sections as low as possible then throw a notch in the remaining half back cut and pull, presto!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well not sure why the remaining portion can't just be Murphed?? Put a rope or two in the top tension up remove come along remove trunk sections as low as possible then throw a notch in the remaining half back cut and pull, presto!

Trying to picture what you mean. Im am just getting into the culture so im not familiar with "murphing" . Seems interesting, do you mean tension the limbs back to what remains of the opposite trunks and drop the base of said limb and pull the end towards the attached points to the trunk?

The pics dont show a 360 but the highway is about 5-8 feet to the opposite side of the lean on the remainder and i believe there are primarys running along the highway if that helps in picturing the position

Murphing is a term we use (named after one of the members here) meaning flopping or pulling over huge ass pieces sometimes with all kinds of crazy rigging and redirects

Don't forget about making a manicured lawn look like a mine testing field.

Latest posts

Back