Echo Timberwolf mods...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA_Curtis38

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I lurked around here a couple of years ago looking for advice on what saw to purchase for my homeowner/farm & ranch use. I ended up going with the Echo CS-590 and I have to say (much to the frustration of some I'm sure) that I love this saw. I don't use it on a daily or sometimes even weekly basis, but when I start cutting wood with it I use it A LOT. I'm sure I could have gone out and bought a Stihl or Husky or something else for a little more $$$ and been better off, but this saw flat out fits my needs and the price was great. I have an outdoor wood burner and cut several cords of wood per year and also use this saw for downed trees on our cattle farm. My question is this. Are there any simple mods that can be done to this saw to increase performance? I know that there is the risk of voiding the warranty but I'm mainly just curious. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your saw. If it serves your needs it is the ideal saw for you. I have no idea on mods except that muffler mods seem to be a common starting point for most saws.

Like Oldman stated above, a muffler mod is a great starting point, and in my opinion, should be done to all modern saws. EPA regulations really restrict the exhaust, and opening them up will improve longevity, and more importantly….power :chainsaw:

Glad to hear you love your 590! i have two and i run the balls of em on a regular basis. Its a great saw for the price range. very capable and while some say a bit under powered for its weight, if it and my wallet are a little heavier i wont complain!!!!:rock:

Back