661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the stihl blurb on their synthetic ashless oil shows a clean piston after 500 hrs of use with their synthetic ashless oil against a stained piston using a non ashless oil. they cant advertise the fact if it isnt true because that would be false advertising & they would be open to be nailed by every ambulance chaser looking to make a quick buck, we need to forget every prejudice on the subject because obviously the technology has advanced & changed from something that was once not recommended, just like oil ratios.
thansk
Some of the RC airplane sites I look at , the members report some of the cleanest engines they have ever seen when disassembled with virtually no wear. Very good results no matter what kind of new additives or lack of ash that it may contain.

Stihl HP Super (black bottle) is JASO-FD certified, it's on the list on the JASO website. I don't recall ever using it but I may have - anyone have experience with it?

Some of the RC airplane sites I look at , the members report some of the cleanest engines they have ever seen when disassembled with virtually no wear. Very good results no matter what kind of new additives or lack of ash that it may contain.
I'm going to give some a try, either the ryobi or stihl depending on the price, hopefully castrol will bring some out soon, so the price will be better than the gold plated name brand. like the old saying goes "cleanliness is next to godliness" it might be the only religious thing I'll ever do & count if I'm headed in that direction
thansk

Stihl ultra is not JASO certified. Redbulls results with Ultra, that is to say pretty dirty make sense now, given its ashless.
Echo red armour is not ashless from what I can tell and it is Jaso certified, which confirms.

BW- I really hope you can read this and actually not doubt it-
http://www.dhequipment.com/Stihl_info/WhyBuyOilScreen.pdf
(Stihl IS jaso-fb per their document)

Can you backup your claim that echo redarmor is not ashless? I guess they use an ashless component -per their msds - but it's still not ashless-OK.
BTW use whatever oil, just don't claim I'm full of it, you haven't proven anything to me yet , jack.

image.jpg One had a busted tank and handle. Switched parts and came up with this one. Cylinder, piston, and rings looked good but I'll have my buddy KG461 check it out and cut squish. Still needs a few air filter parts but it was free!

View attachment 438180 One had a busted tank and handle. Switched parts and came up with this one. Cylinder, piston, and rings looked good but I'll have my buddy KG461 check it out and cut squish. Still needs a few air filter parts but it was free!
Not sure what type of oil that Logger used in this saw but the inside looked good. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Not sure what type of oil that Logger used in this saw but the inside looked good. I'll ask him next time I see him.

image.jpg There's no telling how many hours this saw has or how many trees it's cut. Got it from a Logger in Arkansas.

BW- I really hope you can read this and actually not doubt it-
http://www.dhequipment.com/Stihl_info/WhyBuyOilScreen.pdf
(Stihl IS jaso-fb per their document)

Can you backup your claim that echo redarmor is not ashless? I guess they use an ashless component -per their msds - but it's still not ashless-OK.
BTW use whatever oil, just don't claim I'm full of it, you haven't proven anything to me yet , jack.
I did look at the link. It's a lot of marketing sizzle and not much steak.
Jaso certified oils are listed on JASO'S website. Ultra is not listed.

Jaso certified oils will have a big square box with a letter designating the certification level. If it doesnt have the box it isnt certified or on the list! A manufacturer can say meets or exceeds any certification but if it doesnt have that square box with the letter? No cigar!!

Back