the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
echo cst610evl twin cylinder chainsaw
has any one had much to do with this saw, can parts still be found and what are they like
Got 2 of them that I'm making 1 complete one from, good was the wrong word... Quite a few bits are still around and possibly used on the single cyl saws at the time also.

gee that looks nice there
Its never been cut before. It was a bottom of a lake three hundred years ago. Then a glacier let loose. The beatles killed 40% so thats what Im cutting. The nice thing is that its only 400 metres away from my place so there is nil to no overhead.
Does Australia still have alot of wood?

Yes, I traded it for a Stihl 460. Its done about 200 cords already, and I've only had it 2 years or so. Turns real tight and I do 1/8 of cord ever turn.
Good stuff! There's a few still getting around over here but most people are scared of them, they're renowned for rolling over. That one looks to be in good nik!

well picked up this ECHO CS320T today, seriel no 35003437, done about 7 hrs work and the bloke ran the front of the saw over with his trailer

in front of the handle on the orange piece it has cracked the tank and it need replacing
so can any one help me out with where to buy the tank from
i got it for $50, bar and 2 chains

Yeah I saw that electric mill, seems they are trying to copy Mahoe also. I looks like they are using linear bearings for their slides, not to sure they will hold up with the sawdust etc.

Their "patented" all terrain mill is pretty much an exact copy of a lucas, friggin chinese just can't help themselves :rolleyes:
It's kinda funny how one of their mills takes its name from both Peterson and Lucas nomenclature, then combines a Lucas copy frame with a Mahoe twinsaw arrangement.

I see the linear bearings on the carriage side-shift. Is that what you are referring to? I have looked into these some time ago and there are some pretty nice such bearings specifically for harsh environments. Anyone's guess what this Chinese manufacturer has used though. Ditto for the gears, clutch.

It's kinda funny how one of their mills takes its name from both Peterson and Lucas nomenclature, then combines a Lucas copy frame with a Mahoe twinsaw arrangement.

I see the linear bearings on the carriage side-shift. Is that what you are referring to? I have looked into these some time ago and there are some pretty nice such bearings specifically for harsh environments. Anyone's guess what they have used.

Yeah on the side shift, I always thought they are more suited for undercover indoor applications but you could probably get them in stainless if you hand over enough $$. In my view portable sawmills are not high precision instruments like CNC machines for example where those linear bearings are used. You can get away with more agricultural and rugged sliding mechanisms in the bush, plus easier to fix.

Chippy, my stump grinder trailer has a custom made steel box mounted on the draw bar, 6yrs old, no probs, easily fits 066 with
24" bar plus 026, cones, etc, etc

Star Trailers in Sale, get Steve (welder / fabricator) to weld one up, brilliant tradesman

Back