Does the FS90R have an overheat shutoff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Kent

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was running my FS90R yesterday with the plastic knives on it. Running through deep grass and light brush and running it hard. It all the sudden just died on me. Didn't sputter or anything just straight up dropped dead. I couldn't restart it. Tried for 15 minutes or so and figured something had broken internally. It smelled pretty damn hot after it shut itself off. I was going to take it in to a service place this morning, but tried starting it just for kicks. Fired right up this morning and seems fine. I'm thinking either the choke got bumped on which is pretty unlikely or it got too hot and shut itself down. But I'm not aware that this thing had that kind of controls on it. Does it? If not, what would cause it to just up and quite like that? Thanks, nick.

i like the coil idea do you have something to check the temp when it does it again that would help, also the gas helps cool the cylinder and crank just remember that

Latest posts

Back