• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Guide bar dresser

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman1055

Reaction score
G'day gentlemen,
Chasing a guide bar dressing station similar to a barshop or the efco version. I believe Oregon did a unit in the past as well. I am dressing so many bars now that doing it by hand just isn't a viable option and I haven't been able to find anything new. Located on Australia please as overseas shipping would be a killer!

Thanks Bill - I'm not overly confident of finding a barshop in Australia but my local husky dealer had a great machine made by efco. He's retired now but won't part with it

I am in the process of building a similar machine. the wheels for cutting the grooves is the hardest thing. call the manufacture of the barshop and she still sells the wheels but only in .063 to .120

I'm just curious, is the market there for rebuilding bars to where you weld and recut the driver groove?

Otherwise, the regular rail dresser machines would work fine. Baileys sells one for $200ish.
The wheels, Molemab beand, aren't so good though, they wear down really fast and are about $20. We can do maybe 20-25 bars on a wheel unless I do a couple harvester bars, those really kill the wheel.

I'm just curious, is the market there for rebuilding bars to where you weld and recut the driver groove?

Otherwise, the regular rail dresser machines would work fine. Baileys sells one for $200ish.
The wheels, Molemab beand, aren't so good though, they wear down really fast and are about $20. We can do maybe 20-25 bars on a wheel unless I do a couple harvester bars, those really kill the wheel.
I did some searching and Norton makes a similar wheel. If you buy in bulk they are pretty cheap and a lot better quality.

G'day gentlemen,
Chasing a guide bar dressing station similar to a barshop or the efco version. I believe Oregon did a unit in the past as well. I am dressing so many bars now that doing it by hand just isn't a viable option and I haven't been able to find anything new. Located on Australia please as overseas shipping would be a killer!
Just a suggestion, I bought a 20,$ tabletop tile saw at a garage sale they are equiped
with a small diamond blade that you feed the rails in horizontly to and de burr the
sides with vertical edge .works great .Keith from up and over

walkers here have a bar shop but they sell a bench mounted bar rail grinder for $350 CAD. i think it's the next best thing. i'm gonna get one soon cause i'm sick of that POS file unit. it works but sucks for dressing the higher quality bars. the file just don't wanna cut even when new. seems to only work well on the oregon bars.

Latest posts

Back