the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patent pending..small fee for plans..send $$$$ in unmarked notes.

If you send me a photocopy of the plans I will send you some photocopied money. Deal?

That's a sturdy looking box. Did you just spray paint it? I'd probably go with one or two of those gas struts rather than the chain as the lid will open against the cage and the struts would be easiest to hold it up rather than the back of my head. It looks like you've added some extra seals here and there. Was that for vibration reasons? What's that round shiny thing inside the box centre top?

Anyone used a small dredge like the keene models? Wouldn't be bad way to spend a few weeks over summer.
Kind of illegal to dredge creeks in Australia that I know of?.. I might of known a mate (or it could have just been some a crazy dream I had after a big night on the piss?) that dredge for gold he did alright to pulling out about three ounce a day on his own...Well that is until his wife divorce him! She take him to the cleaners even though he paid for the land and the new house but in the courts eyes he was a bum living off his wife (nurse) he had nothing on paper to say what he was contributing, cash money will do that to ya. There is more to the story but ya get the gist of it...
He packed up the little he had left and headed off into the sunset in his cruiser still chasing gold... Last time I heard from him he was in Western Australia and not finding much gold and said holly **** WA is a big place you can easily get lost in the nothingness......

Oh yeah I watch that tv show also :)... Man you would get jailed for life doing that over here, I like the lets dig over there just push them there trees over and wash some paydirt guys!...
My old man pushed a tree out near the creek here with the dozer and **** hit the fan big time! thanks to the neighbour...Long story cut short cost him Three Hundred and Fifty grand in court but in the end he won (expensive piece of paper haha).....

I was planning to get one off him before it was raised here. To fit the 660 with the 24" or the 32" that it has as well
Guessing marine grade is better, vented for fumes? Keyed alike makes sense, 2.0mm not to bad but still light, thinking as a carry all for saw to go away with in the boot/trailer.

How big is the green draw bar box to for the 066 as I have the same 50/90 combo cheers James

With a 36" bar Matt worked out you need about 1350mm with the scabbard on on a 661 and a 461 also.

Marine grade is the way to go. It work hardens so will get stronger with age....architectural grade is the opposite...it gets weaker and quickly degrades with stress.

The venting is mostly for changes in temp and pressure and the problems condensation will cause. If the seal isn't great a vent won't be needed but at the back of a truck on a trailer's drawbar you need a complete seal for dust and water, unless you want to fill the box with road grim

two stroke nut see if you can put another scope on it and test it if the prob go's away get another scope if not bed the action

if it was me a leupold VX1 3-9x40 min for the .22.

cheers D

well fokes i got a ? for you shooters every 2nd time i take the .22 out shooting i have to resight the scope in. time to get a new scope or what.
ps: same amo every time
Sounds like the scope is cactus, I had one go like that after a good drop, I used to work with a team of shooters which were supplied great rifles ( ruger 223 S/S heavy barrels, plastic stocks ) but cheap scopes, it was rough wet country & they would have quite a few tumbles, they ran out if scopes before the end of the season, try another scope before going looking at other causes.
Thansk

Time to get serious and stuff! haha...
New to me and yeah yeah we know it's not a pro saw and only girls run em not manly at all and stuff! haha... But in all honesty I can't knock it!? (not to be taken out of context is not a pro saw)...
I can see why guys like em, myself I could get many years out of one cutting firewood for home, beats me but It does what it was designed to do with not much fuss crazy I know o_O ,and I'm sure it would come in last place in a GTG chainsaw race but that only matters on AS so is irrelevant really :eek: ......
The only down side I'd say is cost, could easily get $700 on evilbay for this old 2nd hand saw..
Anyways I put the bar back on the right way up and she cuts sweet now! :laugh:.....And nop it did not cut any of the wood in the pic that's all 660 or bust!, just seemed like a cool place to put it for a pic is all :drinking:........

011.JPG 004.JPG

Dentist, he's just a pathetic parasite, he would of known about that lion, the blokes he hired to do all the work would have to, he got caught .I'm glad the world knows about it. Big time F-wits with too much money who can afford to be someone.
For anyone interested in a real old lion hunter from years ago, read the book by ''Eric Lott'' the man who helped make wildcat cartridges for big dangerous game.
He describes the adult lion as ''8 feet of spring steel'' and to stop a charging lion in low scrub as the ''most scariest thing any man could endure'' hence the double rifle.

No apologies on the subject and that's about it for me............ have a good weekend folks.

New to me and yeah yeah we know it's not a pro saw and only girls run em not manly at all and stuff! haha... But in all honesty I can't knock it!? (not to be taken out of context is not a pro saw)...
I can see why guys like em, myself I could get many years out of one cutting firewood for home, beats me but It does what it was designed to do with not much fuss crazy I know o_O ,and I'm sure it would come in last place in a GTG chainsaw race but that only matters on AS so is irrelevant really :eek: ......
The only down side I'd say is cost, could easily get $700 on evilbay for this old 2nd hand saw..
Anyways I put the bar back on the right way up and she cuts sweet now! :laugh:.....And nop it did not cut any of the wood in the pic that's all 660 or bust!, just seemed like a cool place to put it for a pic is all :drinking:........

View attachment 438694 View attachment 438695
and here i thought you cut all that wood with it haha

This dentist bloke could be a good guy that's been had, a complete prick, somewhere in between or all of the above, I just don't know, all I have heard is what is on the media and that tends to be biased, prejudiced, sensationalized rubbish most times.

If he was of the honest belief that he had the correct permits and went about it the legal way and has been had then all I can ask is why a lion? I understand that they do breed big game for hunting if you have big bucks....not something I'd do although I hate cats and would shoot a domestic cat if my dogs didn't take care of it first.

If he didn't go about it the correct way then he's in real risk of being extradited and could face a long spell in gaol. I doubt they could gaol him in the USA but they have some pretty weird laws over there that we can't really have here, since they are the world police and have God on there side.

View attachment 438694 View attachment 438695

The saw I have owned the longest is my 029 Super. I serviced it yesterday. Gave it a new air filter, got the screwdrivers out to give it a tune as she wasn't hitting the revs it should and bogging down under just a little load. Pulled the plug out after about 1000 hours, the saws done about twice that and still on the original NGK that came with the saw. To my horror the gap was around 1.3mm instead of 0.5mm. The plug was looking great color wise with no signs of problems.....closed the gap back to spec, started her up and she was running as good as new again and hitting those ripper revs again. No need to tune it.

wifeys cars been with same dealership car workshop for over 7 years very good cheap nuff very happy till it changed ownership some 6 months back... last service i'm told a few things like wiper blades no good, needs pollen filter and brake liners need replacement,,,,hmmm
BS I'd just swap wiper blades myself week prior so i had 2nd check the brake shoes yesterday BS plenty of meat on em 5-6+ mm

View attachment 438668

Surprised they didn't hit you up for the detergent in the washer bottle to lol. I took my commodore to the local Holden dealer for the first and last time before I went on a road trip from Geelong to Byron bay, it never leaked oil in its life brought it home from service it shiit out oil everywhere, the oil filter was incorrectly installed. Then I thought let's see what else is wrong, they charged me for a new air filter. I popped the cover and it was full of leaves n crap they hadn't even checked it. I know guys that service fleet cars and don't even change the oil instead they pocket the 5litres of full synthetic plus plugs,air filters you name it.

Surprised they didn't hit you up for the detergent in the washer bottle to lol. I took my commodore to the local Holden dealer for the first and last time before I went on a road trip from Geelong to Byron bay, it never leaked oil in its life brought it home from service it shiit out oil everywhere, the oil filter was incorrectly installed. Then I thought let's see what else is wrong, they charged me for a new air filter. I popped the cover and it was full of leaves n crap they hadn't even checked it. I know guys that service fleet cars and don't even change the oil instead they pocket the 5litres of full synthetic plus plugs,air filters you name it.
I feel the need to "Name & Shame" dodgy tradesmen & dealerships!
Wouldn't take long to tidy things up then.

If you send me a photocopy of the plans I will send you some photocopied money. Deal?

That's a sturdy looking box. Did you just spray paint it? I'd probably go with one or two of those gas struts rather than the chain as the lid will open against the cage and the struts would be easiest to hold it up rather than the back of my head. It looks like you've added some extra seals here and there. Was that for vibration reasons? What's that round shiny thing inside the box centre top?

Came spray painted fitted to the trailer which they also built, mud is for the rugged outdoor look.
The gas struts are an excellent idea.
The short pieces of seal are for vibration only, it hasn't let in any dust, not that I do many K's on gravel.
The box is unvented, I usually have time to let the saw cool for 5 before putting it in there.
A magnet, dropping metal small things in longish grass and grinder debris is a fav. pastime, try it sometime :), pls block ears of women and children if I am indulging in this pastime .
Dimensions. awaiting $$ (haha) still, but the box back, nearest the trailer is about 75-100mm wider than length of the 066 wearing 24 incher, the trailer is 9ft long x 5ft wide.
To mount the box I got STAR Trailers to weld a 50mm (approx) right angle onto the inside of ea. draw bar, the box is then sitting on the right angles plus the draw bars and is bolted to the angle. This way the
integrity of the d/bars wasn't compromised.

I'd tell a mate to get a d/bar box like this one, its been a good sturdy bit of gear and maintenance free.

Latest posts

Back