Vermeer BC 1230 Hydraulic feed parts needed!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, New to the forum.. Picked up a BC1230 for a great deal that the owner stopped using when it developed high crank case pressure.. I'm planning to re- ring, sleeve, and bearing the engine. Perkins 4.236.. Going to order those parts right away.. The previous owner robbed some hydraulic feed parts from it for another unit they had.. Didn't seem like too much was missing..

Got a quote for everything today and it's 3 GRAND worth of stuff that is missing!!

It's missing all the hyraulic feed control parts. The feed motors are there thankfully!!
Misisng the:
-Control valve and linkage
-Flow control Valve
-Counterbalance valve
And a bunch of hoses and hardware/ fittings.

Once I get this post up maybe I can add some pics..
If I could track down an old 1230 that is being parted out that would be amazing.. My internet searching so far has been pretty unsuccessful..
Or maybe someone knows of some parts from a different model that I could Macgyver into the ol girl..?

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

I would go to a local hydraulic shop and get the parts and that should save you a lot of money. Flow controls can be purchased at Northern Tool if it's the one that has an arm and is numbered 1-9. The arm has a knob that will hold the arm once you find the proper speed you like.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Vermeer used Danfoss control valves, very expensive ($500) and unnecessary. Bandit uses Energy valves, half the price ($200).
If you have to rebuild the whole control system I would use Energy brand and just adapt. You can get the hose measurements from the manual and order those online and after market.
Industrial Supply Inc is good for this and they might have the valves and blocks as well.
http://www.indsup.com/
If the don't have the valves Lewandowski Equipment has them for $200 and they might have the block as well.
http://xztqf.suhaw.servertrust.com/default.asp
You don't need the speed controller so maybe cut that out of the loop.

Hey Guys thanks a lot for the replies.

Great ideas, I will try to source the parts out aftermarket for sure. I'm not in a huge hurry so maybe I'll get lucky and find one that is burned or something and get the OEM stuff used a good price..

I totally blew it trying to remove a cylinder sleeve and cracked the block with the homemade sleeve puller I made. Was such a bad move. So looking for a new engine now as well. Or at least a block. Not having the best luck with this project currently.. Can only get better!

Thanks again,

Oh hey CalTreeEquip have you found that speed control valve ends up set at full pretty much all the time? Cutting that out of the loop would save some $$
Might be nice when using auto feed I guess? Not essential though from what you are saying hey?

Speed control valves are useful but it is recommended that one runs them full open most the time and just reduce speed when chipping big wood only. Restricting the hydraulic flow tends to overheat they system and stress out the pump.
If yours has the Smart Feed system its a good bet that it doesn't work.

Hello, New to the forum.. Picked up a BC1230 for a great deal that the owner stopped using when it developed high crank case pressure.. I'm planning to re- ring, sleeve, and bearing the engine. Perkins 4.236.. Going to order those parts right away.. The previous owner robbed some hydraulic feed parts from it for another unit they had.. Didn't seem like too much was missing..

Got a quote for everything today and it's 3 GRAND worth of stuff that is missing!!

It's missing all the hyraulic feed control parts. The feed motors are there thankfully!!
Misisng the:
-Control valve and linkage
-Flow control Valve
-Counterbalance valve
And a bunch of hoses and hardware/ fittings.

Once I get this post up maybe I can add some pics..
If I could track down an old 1230 that is being parted out that would be amazing.. My internet searching so far has been pretty unsuccessful..
Or maybe someone knows of some parts from a different model that I could Macgyver into the ol girl..?

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

Dubbs:

Hope you had success in finding parts. I have exactly the same situation & parts need with my 524 veneer.
Any help would be appreciated

Vermeer used Danfoss control valves, very expensive ($500) and unnecessary. Bandit uses Energy valves, half the price ($200).
If you have to rebuild the whole control system I would use Energy brand and just adapt. You can get the hose measurements from the manual and order those online and after market.
Industrial Supply Inc is good for this and they might have the valves and blocks as well.
http://www.indsup.com/
If the don't have the valves Lewandowski Equipment has them for $200 and they might have the block as well.
http://xztqf.suhaw.servertrust.com/default.asp
You don't need the speed controller so maybe cut that out of the loop.
I've heard they use expensive valves because the cheap ones have actually blown out and killed people before

I've never heard that. Danfoss are overbuilt and needlessly precise. Last one I had to replace broke the control lever hinge (under built).
It was going to take Danfoss a month to get me a new one and I couldn't just get a body and swap parts because they are all custom fitted.
I found one on ebay but it was hard to tell if it was the right part because they have so many part numbers. The good part is Danfoss has the specs of everyone they make based on part number. They can say if one pn is the same as another but can send you the specs so you can compare them yourself.
Kind of goofy. Hydraulics is real basic stuff. No need to all this precision unless your building a space station. Energy Valve is simple and universal.

Latest posts

Back