Have You Ever Sold or Bought Timber, Logs or Firewood While Drunk?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
No, never, but to be honest I sold 50 cords of random length firewood logs to a friend at a party. He had no problem writing me a check for 5g's, but called back about noon the next day and said he didn't want the wood.
I told him I'd already cashed the check. He just said, don't worry about it, just pay me back if you get the chance. I paid him back and we're still good friends and just laughed it off.

Sort of I went to deliver firewood to a new customer. First thing he says is how about a cold one before we start unloading. I was amazed at his offer to help. We finished our beers unloaded and he asked me to look at some trees he wanted removed. As we looked he brought out another round. I passed on the removal as they were covered in poison ivy we then started bsing and he kept them coming. He is my new favorite customer

Sort of I went to deliver firewood to a new customer. First thing he says is how about a cold one before we start unloading. I was amazed at his offer to help. We finished our beers unloaded and he asked me to look at some trees he wanted removed. As we looked he brought out another round. I passed on the removal as they were covered in poison ivy we then started bsing and he kept them coming. He is my new favorite customer

That sounds like any standard firewood delivery in Australia. Or any really, I ask the pizza guy if he wants one. You be surprised how often they do.

That sounds like any standard firewood delivery in Australia. Or any really, I ask the pizza guy if he wants one. You be surprised how often they do.

That makes me wonder why am I not delivering in Australia?

Id imagine you would be in PRIME location being a snow field, could even charge "snow prices" id bet. You'd kill it in winter.
I just got an ABN, bought a 20 acre block and started selling, i wouldn't say its hard. The area i live in has about 25-30 homes near by and everyone is fairly well off and not real keen on cutting. So i didn't even advertise, i saw the 3 people near by and then word travelled, now I sell to about 20 home's, probably 6 square meters a week doing something I enjoy. Its actually covering my house repayments.

Funny because I didn't set out to sell firewood I just ended up with an excess from jobs and I started stacking it in my driveway. I had some neighbors ask if it was for sale. So I ended up with about 4 bigger customers and a dozen for small amounts. It is amazing the amount of wood available with the ash borer problem here but people would rather pay than process their own firewood. Fine by me its money in my pocket.

Pubs are good places to sell wood and buy standing timber. The coffee crowd in restuarants is also a good place to make deals.

The coffee crowd in restuarants is also a good place to make deals.

Yeah, I don't think the café latte set here would take too kindly to a couple of blokes stinking of beer and two stroke, covered in saw dust trying to flog them wood.:drinking::cheers: Those kind of joints buy their wood in bags!:drinkingcoffee:

There is always a way. Just go into the cafe stinking with a bag of wood and a bottle of wine. Tell them that the fire is gauranteed to go down as fast as the wine. Lol.
Yeah, I don't think the café latte set here would take too kindly to a couple of blokes stinking of beer and two stroke, covered in saw dust trying to flog them wood.:drinking::cheers: Those kind of joints buy their wood in bags!:drinkingcoffee:

Latest posts

Back