whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be where the alternative quote comes in... find another company that will just repair it rather than his 'company' whom wants to cut out a square full depth.

New patches almost always sink anyway. His repair would probably end up being a freshly paved >1/4" recess.
A 1/4" deep repair on top of that dent will sink less...

Performed some reductionism on this guy today. Left the stalk for the peckers.
It is a Civic Holliday (whatever that means) in Ontario today, but that didn't stop us, by gum.

image.jpg

i just recently move back to So. Calif. after spending over a year in the Az. desert taking care of my dad. Im A little rusty and most my equipments lost or stolen but working steady and reinvesting trying to get my stuff up to snuff. I tryed to make sence of the tops of a group of liquid ambers under the HV lines after edison butchered the crown. They had storm damage and lost some major limbs too. Their in a property of a well known land scaper in L.A. area. She holds tours there and likes everything to look natural.
vary peacefull place to work. lve been there 6 days and haven't fired up a chainsaw yet. i have 2 days in an olive tree and maybe one more full day useing loppers and pole pruners.

i just recently move back to So. Calif. after spending over a year in the Az. desert taking care of my dad. Im A little rusty and most my equipments lost or stolen but working steady and reinvesting trying to get my stuff up to snuff. I tryed to make sence of the tops of a group of liquid ambers under the HV lines after edison butchered the crown. They had storm damage and lost some major limbs too. Their in a property of a well known land scaper in L.A. area. She holds tours there and likes everything to look natural.
vary peacefull place to work. lve been there 6 days and haven't fired up a chainsaw yet. i have 2 days in an olive tree and maybe one more full day useing loppers and pole pruners.
Glad to see you back,, will I see you in Balboa Park on the 21st?
Jeff :hi:

Performed some reductionism on this guy today. Left the stalk for the peckers.
It is a Civic Holliday (whatever that means) in Ontario today, but that didn't stop us, by gum.

View attachment 439199

Here, working on the holiday means paying your guys time and a half.

Make me work on my 3 day holiday weekend - you can stuff that up your ass.

Can't do anything today. Raining as hell. Maybe cleaning the shop or something.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Here, working on the holiday means paying your guys time and a half.
Make me work on my 3 day holiday weekend - you can stuff that up your ass.

Yeah, but I was contract climbing for some other lunatics who do property maintenance / construction.
Working on three day holiday weekend don't mean much when I'm starving in the winter.

I went and saw my friend in the hospital yesterday,although sad, he is lucky he ain't dead. Not many would survive a 40' fall out of a palm tree.
Hot and humid and 6 days a week,,all in all a beautiful day.
Jeff

Well its never good to hear about a fall but tell me, what makes you so sure that he is lucky not to be dead?

Anyway:

After plowing Peabody's for over ten years I don't leave the house without a proposal form that states some ******** about driveways being a WEARABLE ITEM ( don't recall were abouts it was that I lernt that nomenclature but I did lern it). I mean if I bounce a tree trunk off the thing I suppose I will feel guilty enough to smear some patch in the hole but as I far I as can tell the driveway was already substandard and defective before I got there.

But I got this lady calling me cause we shredded the crap out of some ground cover ivy with all the dropping tree parts, driving the loader and generally not really giving a crap on it. She has an British accent and not the sexy kind of British accent Reg Coates has, NO, more whinny and high pitched, the kind that sends a guy into a nervous tantrum so I got some ivy plugs which I hope will make it stop. If it works it will be the best 20 bucks I ever spent.

We had a pretty good day, wrecked 3 trees yesterday and today another company said couldn't be climbed. Just the spars left for the morrow. Ground crew has been buried in brush since we started. Hopefully finish the clean up and stump grinding Thursday. When the Internet comes back to the house I'll post pics.

Hope your buddy heals up Jeff. Maybe the fall will remind others what a mistake or quick overlook of safety can do.

Dropped the last two logs from a ROW clearing I've been on for over two weeks. Best thud's I've heard in a while. Spent the rest of the day cleaning up after our actual clearing crew on their ROW while the excavator mounted stumper does his thing on my clearing. It was a bit cooler but dusty today. Got home early enough to try and find my neglected garden. Beautiful day here as well.

7:30 AM walk out to a boot on my girlfriends car (really my car that she just parks wherever she pleases)$475
4ac027199b407febe41a058b1e570f3b.jpg

the bucket truck won't start needs an alternator & batteries $400

get to the job and just as we finish and time to load the logs the winch cable on the crane starts to unravel in the middle. new cable $1100
3d9a1a32f0e85cdff15afa273b13deb7.jpg

then at the end of the day on the way in, one of my guys totals the car that I traded it for a tree job and haven't even transferred yet!!
27a59471d54287d6a1789aecf55600c2.jpg

That's all in one day!
[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Darn i thought tooth pain made my day crappy yesterday. Hats off to you brother. Good luck on the morrow. Hope your week gets better.

P.s. your a nicer guy then me I wouldn't have traded ANY amount of tree work for a Chevy impala. ..just saying

Latest posts

Back