• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 51 - VERY MINTY FRESH- SUPER LOW HOURS-Collectors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Team,

I have a very nice Husqvarna 51 that is in near mint shape. This one was a dealer's saw that the dealer left on the shelf the majority of it's life. It looks like it hasn't cut more than a tree while testing, etc.

The plastic really is shiny and I haven't treated it with anything to shine it up. This one has almost zero scratches or blemishes on it anywhere..... Clutch cover has almost zero scratches and is still bright, and recoil cover doesn't have any cracked vent ribs and is also shiny and clean.

Listing this here first for y'all collectors/users of the good ol' Husky magnesium saws. I will sell it locally if no one here wants it.... I am not in a hurry and I am not desperate to sell it either.

Asking $300 + Shipping at cost for PHO

Thanks cus!!

Yeah, this one is a 49cc and many of the husky 55's were only up to 53cc's, so the power difference is negligible on these when comparing open port cylinders.

Great torque and really is a great saw.... What I grew up with for firewood every year with my dad

Thanks cus!!

Yeah, this one is a 49cc and many of the husky 55's were only up to 53cc's, so the power difference is negligible on these when comparing open port cylinders.

Great torque and really is a great saw.... What I grew up with for firewood every year with my dad
not to mention flat-out reliable and a million parts floating around.

I threw a bar on this guy and ripped some maple wood to see how it did for myself....

STRONG SAW HERE!!!!

the compression is really stout on this one.... Stronger compression and more power than the two 55's I have had....

It outran a good running Stihl 026 as well.....

That ought to stir the pot!!!!

If it doesn't sell, this may become part of my small "keeper stash"

I would think that the 346 would be the winner. These arent hotrod saws stock and not sure how they would respond to port work, but are just a really good all around firewood saw.

With a closed port 55 piston and cylinder swap it would be dead even to a stock 346 I think and a ported 55 closed port setup would be very similar to a ported 346...

Mastermind ported a closed port 55 a long time ago and had very good gains according to the thread.

Latest posts

Back