Rough Night, Prayers will not hurt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. My SIL was awake today, but is still a little confused, and kept asking about his son over & over, similar to what my wife did almost 2 years ago when she had a concussion.

From the mouths of Babes: My 6 year old Grandson kept some of us entertained last night (unintentionally). Before my daughter or I got to the hospital, and they had taken my SIL into the back with his heart attack, my Grandson was alone in the waiting room, so the staff and a female police officer tried to keep him entertained. I think it went the opposite way. When they offered him something to eat, he responded "No I can't eat anything, I already brushed my teeth". Then he told them "I have to get home soon to get to sleep, I have camp tomorrow".

And finally, it was after midnight and I am driving him home and he tells me "I know my Dad is going to be OK, I heard the nurse tell my Mom 'He is not Dead' ".

Hopefully, the day will come when we can look back on this and it will all just be humor.

Got a call from my daughter about 9:30 last night. Seems that both her 6 yr old son and Husband were in the Hospital.

The six year old was going up the stairs to go to bed when he tripped and split his lip badly. There was a lot of blood, so it looked worse than it was, so his 41 year old father took him to the hospital.

When they arrived, the father had chest pains, and suffered a major heart attack. They had to revive him 5 times, and gave him last rights. Guess it was a good thing he was at the hospital when it happened, because the staff said if he were not, he would not have survived.

When they stabilized him at Putnam Hospital, they transferred him to Danbury, and he is currently in their ICU.

My Grandson was released and is doing well.

I spent the night at my daughter's house with the Grand kids, and my daughter spent it in the hospitals with her husband. I'm hoping for the best, but this can't be good, he is far too young for this.

wow... prayers for all involved...

Back