JEY 6-12 CHIPPER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Belfiore

Reaction score
I have an old JEY 6-12 chipper and can't find anyone to work on it. Altec in PA is not interested and gave me an estimate that is more than the unit is worth. Needs rotor bearings. I have the chute and belt guard off, and I have seen the U Tube videos but would rather have someone do it for me. Any suggestions in Lower NY or Northern NJ?

Call northeastern arborist supply in west Paterson nj. 9738371390. They are a Bandit Dealer but will work on all Chippers and stump grinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most areas have a mobile mechanic service that travels around taking care of a wide variety of equipment in the service, construction and agriculture sector. Find that guy. He can usually handle anything. Chippers are not the only thing with a big axil and bearings.

I called Northeast Arborist in West Paterson, NJ.. They will look at it but offer no gurantee that they can fix it and not break something. Only hitch is that the chipper is in NY where towing it requires NO plate. In NJ however you need a plate which I do not have since I bought the chipper in NY and the guy had no official paperwork. So do I: take a chance and tow it without a plate? or throw a trailer plate on it and hope for the best? Was wondering in PA is the same? The last thing I want is to have some smart trooper impound the this due to ficticious plate or no plate.

OK so I arranged to borrow an " IN TRANSIT" plate from a friend of mine and I will be dropping the old girl off at Northeast Arborists in West Paterson next week. I will follow up with what happens next. Since they can't or will not give me an estimate for the cost of the repair, I guess I am at their mercy. He did say no guarantee that he does damage trying to remove them though.

Anyone used these guys before? Can I trust them?

That's a huge risk. If they can't give you even an estimate something is wrong.
Did you even look for a mobile mechanic??

Back