echo micro d carb tuning tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anyone know the p/n for the new micro d carb tool. looks like a regular d screw only it is only about .060" in dia.

this is on an echo pb500t blower that I need to clean out behind the screws. Someone said bailey's has them but I am reluctant to call and get sold a regular d screw tool.

I unscrew the pacman and D style screws with a strong pair of needle nose pliers. That way I can take a hacksaw to cut a slot on the head to fit a flat head driver. Some shops will actually take a dremel disc and cut right through the entire area to slot both screws simultaneously while they are still on the carb.
It isn't done like this due to lack of proper carb tools, it's done to spite the idea that epa thinks it is necessary to take the ability to tune carbs away from homeowners.

I will look up the number for that micro D tomorrow. Have one at the shop....nice machined aluminum handle with a tiny thin walled D. Echo wants high dollar for them and they are very easily damaged since they are so thin. have a safe spot picked out to store it when your not using it

I've had both a Stihl and Husqvarna dealer in my area tell me they'd get fined $50,000 dollars if they got caught selling a carb tool.
It's not that much but it is enough to put most guys out of business. I believe it's $3500 per occurrence per day for selling the screwdrivers.

91100 is a set of micro and standard D. 91059L is the micro D. a picture just to show how small and delicate this thing is.AS 002.JPG AS 003.JPG

91100 is a set of micro and standard D. 91059L is the micro D. a picture just to show how small and delicate this thing is.View attachment 443724 View attachment 443725

OK thats NOT what is in the kit I linked to above....

Micro is right

Is that a "male" D that fits in a female receptacle in the adjusting screw?

Sorry guys, my mistake....

Michael

As far as I know, there have been zero fines associated with this. As in nobody has been fined under the provision.
I havent seen any either but there is only 2 agencies i fear....EPA and the IRS. I will stick to paying taxes and not doing the obvious things to acquire the EPA's attention

Thanks for the help, I had another thread going with this and another memeber got me set up with the p/n for the 91059L. I got it from my local dealer for around 25$ canadian. thats about 17.50$ USD

the screwdriver is a female micro d that fits onto a male adjustment screw head.

I also bought a kit on amazon for the regular screws but not these micro screws. they sit in a recess Inside the carb and are about the size of the tip of the ball point pen so there is no screwing them out with a pair of pliers. give me limiter caps any day over these stupid micro screws.

you really do need the tool to get these out on a echo leaf blower pb-500t. and even with the tool using it takes a little practice because it doesn't really go onto the screw smoothly and it is hard to get the feeling for it as the engine is usually running when the adjustments are made.

I suppose it will get better the more I use it.

Thanks for the help, I had another thread going with this and another memeber got me set up with the p/n for the 91059L. I got it from my local dealer for around 25$ canadian. thats about 17.50$ USD

the screwdriver is a female micro d that fits onto a male adjustment screw head.

I also bought a kit on amazon for the regular screws but not these micro screws. they sit in a recess Inside the carb and are about the size of the tip of the ball point pen so there is no screwing them out with a pair of pliers. give me limiter caps any day over these stupid micro screws.

you really do need the tool to get these out on a echo leaf blower pb-500t. and even with the tool using it takes a little practice because it doesn't really go onto the screw smoothly and it is hard to get the feeling for it as the engine is usually running when the adjustments are made.

I suppose it will get better the more I use it.
It doesn't get any easier. These tiny things are a pain no matter what

Back