Poulan 220 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fossil112

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
My parents recently handed down a few of their toys to me the other day. One being this chainsaw.
Obviously, it's not running very well. *Might* start, but when it does, it dies almost immediately. I'm fairly confident with messing around with it, but is there some place I can find a maintenance manual?

What I'm also wondering what the stock T/L/H settings might be. It would be a good starting place to begin diagnosis.

Welcome to the forum.
Try an on-line search for an owner's manual. Poulan is made by Husqvarna and I got a PDF owner's manual for my Husky on line by just doing a quick Google search. I would bet the Poulan would be the same. The adjustments are not maintenance manual items, they should be right there in the owner's manual.
If a saw starts OK but doesn't run well, often it is fuel or carburetor related issues. Adjustments is one thing but often a carb rebuild for a relatively low cost can be done. There are lots of you tube videos that will walk you through that process. Some are generic and some are specific to a particular model saw. Another weak link in an older saw is the fuel filter that is mounted in the fuel tank or the hose from that filter to your carburetor. Replacement of those parts is dirt cheap.

Well - after some tear down, my fuel lines were cracked and broken.
I figure it's best to simply replace both lines.
Time to beg.

So, the service manual isn't much help...neither is Poulan themselves. I called the customer support and they couldn't tell me the fuel line sizes...because they didn't know. Completely useless service support (sorry to any of you Poulan enthusiasts).
Anyways, I'm in need of the ID/OD for the fuel lines, if anyone might know.

Back