Dying Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvneilson

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a tree in my yard that has been very healthy for the five years I've been here, until the last 2-3 months. I have a mulch bed at the base and I sprayed Roundup 360 all over it to kill weeds. I worry that is the culprit. I did remove the mulch, and I stopped using the Roundup, hoping that may help. Any ideas on how to revive? I've attached pictures.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

LOL, you guys are brutal.
To the OP, your dogwood is showing signs of herbicide damage with the leaf distortions.
Cease with all the weed killer applications & hire an arborist to get you back on the road of recovery.

Did you get any chemical on the leaves or bark? What was the weather like when you applied it? Have you applied other chemicals to the yard this year?

Where in the country is the tree located?

The leaf curl seems questionable.

The purple leaves could be caused by disease - anthracnose causes that coloration in dogwood.

Did you get any chemical on the leaves or bark? What was the weather like when you applied it? Have you applied other chemicals to the yard this year?

Where in the country is the tree located?

The leaf curl seems questionable.

The purple leaves could be caused by disease - anthracnose causes that coloration in dogwood.

It was warm and humid when I applied it. I didn't get the chemical on the leaves, I may have on the bark, at the base where it meets the mulch.

I have been getting my lawn treated this year with some type of organic fertilizer.

I live in Maryland.

Back