Greenwheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontbthatguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
dontbthatguy submitted a new Showcase Item:

Greenwheel

It has been a year since I have upgraded to a greenwheel for my rayco 1625, and I can say that I like it a lot. It is pricy and for me at least was a bit of a pain to install ( I should note that I don't have much mechanical experience) but it's price is nothing compared to the cost of jumping up to a diesel stumper.

The greenwheel makes my machine run smooth and bogs down less. It only uses 6 teeth so the time saved on switching them out and the cost savings of only having to purchase/ sharpen 6 teeth is great. The greenwheel also packs the chips tight under the machine and leaves less chips in the actual cut which allows for the machine to work easier without bogging down.

Recently I really saw the light for my greenwheel after renting a bandit 35hp diesel 2450. I loved the power of the extra horses and the torque of the diesel, but at the end of the day, the lower maintenance costs/tooth costs, better maneuverability, and much lower price tag, I was still happier with my rayco equipped with a greenwheel.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Back