the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it have a plastic worm drive on it, have a 440 here that failed pretty quick in the oiler, got pics?

Haven't been able to take the clutch and oil pump off yet, will have to wait until I get back from work next week to rip into it. Any tips for getting the clutch off? I see in the workshop manual there's a piston stop tool and special tool for undoing the clutch, but I'm sure there's another way.

Haven't been able to take the clutch and oil pump off yet, will have to wait until I get back from work next week to rip into it. Any tips for getting the clutch off? I see in the workshop manual there's a piston stop tool and special tool for undoing the clutch, but I'm sure there's another way.
Scrench/drift on the clutch and give it a good thwack or 7 with a hammer. No piston stop, just hit against compression.
Once you get the hang of it it's easy.

I stared at my collection of sockets thinking about making a 3 pronged tool, and decided to see if it would move bushy style. It did, and I've never built the tool.

Grey import so no Australian warranty. Oops.
Look at it this way then, with the money you saved importing one, you could nearly buy another saw (if the dollar hadn't died in the arse) and still be better off than buying one here! [emoji2] that's what I figured with my 365 anyway!

Look at it this way then, with the money you saved importing one, you could nearly buy another saw (if the dollar hadn't died in the arse) and still be better off than buying one here! [emoji2] that's what I figured with my 365 anyway!

I didn't even mean to buy it, was hitting the beers with the boys at camp one night and decided to bid on the Husky for ***** and giggles. I didn't think I'd end up winning the auction. :p

Hi again gents.
Still no bloody email updates from AS.
Caught up on all the ute goss. My pick out of the current crop would be the Ford Ranger hands down. We have had basically ZERO issues with them across the entire Elders fleet in Australia. The Colorados in the fleet have had issues and I believe Holden is dropping the Fiat diesel as they've had too many problems. Personally I think they are a piece of sh*t compared to the Rangers. Being work utes the Rangers (all 3.2L versions) get flogged, regularly loaded to the hilt and beyond, plus tow some pretty heavy loads with foot flat the whole way. I've clobbered 3 roos in mine (steel ARB bullbar) and all I've done is broken a Lightforce spotlight reflector.
Heaps of grunt with the 3.2L 5 cylinder as well. Did a video the other week (some here have seen it) on a farmer's track and the thing was still flashing the traction control light on dirt in 6th gear at 140kph. They certainly aren't short on torque. Without traction and stability control you could quite easily kill yourself in these things on dirt if not careful.
I've also been fixing way more saws than I ever wanted to. Fixed two after work today. One is an old 009 which surprised me as the oiler looks to operate off of crankcase pulsing like the carby - just needed a clean and away it went. The other was a 12 month old 261C that I got in from the US for a guy when the dollar was good. Oiler piston was blocked up with snot and he'd tried to crank the oiler adjustment screw around too far stripping off the alloy stop in the process. Now the thing just freewheels a full 360°. Once the oiler got blown out with the compressor away she went as good as gold. Tightarse farmer who decided to use old snotty oil laying around.
Been doing lots of shooting too and spending way more money than I should on gear. I'm sick to death of reloading component pricing and other US made gear going through the roof so loading up on projectiles etc (I think the official term might be stockpiling?). Just joined the local pistol club so have also applied for my H Class handgun licence.
Oh and the local citrus orchard have asked me to crank up on those Casuarinas again. Some big older ones up to around 35m and 40" trunks but also a heap of small ones under 18" and a max of maybe 10m tall. They had a guy come in with this tracked tree mulcher to simply push them over and mulch them up. Turns out that he couldn't direct where the trees were falling and wrecked too much gear according to the property manager. Looks like I'll be back onto these small arsed boring trees again :(
As far as this tree mulcher goes it's running a 450HP turbo diesel and if it can push the tree over it can pretty well mulch it up. Weighs something like 17 tonne. It is a very busy machine and he also has two smaller ones. He's a local guy who I know well but has literally 10's of millions dollars worth of agricultural machinery that few other guys have. He gets jobs from my area right through to Queensland.

Hi again gents.
Caught up on all the ute goss. My pick out of the current crop would be the Ford Ranger hands down. We have had basically ZERO issues with them across the entire Elders fleet in Australia. The Colorados in the fleet have had issues and I believe Holden is dropping the Fiat diesel as they've had too many problems. Personally I think they are a piece of sh*t compared to the Rangers. Being work utes the Rangers (all 3.2L versions) get flogged, regularly loaded to the hilt and beyond, plus tow some pretty heavy loads with foot flat the whole way. I've clobbered 3 roos in mine (steel ARB bullbar) and all I've done is broken a Lightforce spotlight reflector.
Heaps of grunt with the 3.2L 5 cylinder as well. Did a video the other week (some here have seen it) on a farmer's track and the thing was still flashing the traction control light on dirt in 6th gear at 140kph. They certainly aren't short on torque. Without traction and stability control you could quite easily kill yourself in these things on dirt if not careful.
I've also been fixing way more saws than I ever wanted to. Fixed two after work today. One is an old 009 which surprised me as the oiler looks to operate off of crankcase pulsing like the carby - just needed a clean and away it went. The other was a 12 month old 261C that I got in from the US for a guy when the dollar was good. Oiler piston was blocked up with snot and he'd tried to crank the oiler adjustment screw around too far stripping off the alloy stop in the process. Now the thing just freewheels a full 360°. Once the oiler got blown out with the compressor away she went as good as gold. Tightarse farmer who decided to use old snotty oil laying around.
Been doing lots of shooting too and spending way more money than I should on gear. I'm sick to death of reloading component pricing and other US made gear going through the roof so loading up on projectiles etc (I think the official term might be stockpiling?). Just joined the local pistol club so have also applied for my H Class handgun licence.
Oh and the local citrus orchard have asked me to crank up on those Casuarinas again. Some big older ones up to around 35m and 40" trunks but also a heap of small ones under 18" and a max of maybe 10m tall. They had a guy come in with this tracked tree mulcher to simply push them over and mulch them up. Turns out that he couldn't direct where the trees were falling and wrecked too much gear according to the property manager. Looks like I'll be back onto these small arsed boring trees again :(
As far as this tree mulcher goes it's running a 450HP turbo diesel and if it can push the tree over it can pretty well mulch it up. Weighs something like 17 tonne. It is a very busy machine and he also has two smaller ones. He's a local guy who I know well but has literally 10's of millions dollars worth of agricultural machinery that few other guys have. He gets jobs from my area right through to Queensland.

Howdy Matt, long time no see.

I like old mates u-beaut tree falling guides :D

Scrench/drift on the clutch and give it a good thwack or 7 with a hammer. No piston stop, just hit against compression.
Once you get the hang of it it's easy.

I stared at my collection of sockets thinking about making a 3 pronged tool, and decided to see if it would move bushy style. It did, and I've never built the tool.
And don't forget it is a left hand thread on the clutch side

yesterday 1st day of spring nice and sunny discovered my newish chain saw pants have a electrical storage capacity of 10000 volts and amps to hurt.. Each time i get out is whack on leg or finger and when get back in zapped through my key fingers i may need to drag an earth chain or loose them get husky cotton versions

my F-ranger lost its mind when the electrical system drained and it auto box got stuck in 3 rd gear,,, it hinted at doing the same yesterday hmmm wonder if it related

Update........ I got through a mountain of work yesterday, had packed up in the shed, when I got a call to say no work last night.
Back to the shed and got stuck into my new 395xp.... Just need to make a new exhaust gasket , and she's ready 2 roar into life!!!image.jpg

Those turbo diesel rangers are great.....

Two brothers I work with both have them and they're petrol heads....they love em.

I think they are currently the best selling work ute on the market.

Hi again gents.

Been wondering where you have been Matt, was nearly gunna ask if any one has heard from you,
Bloody nice toy

cordless rattle gun works for me. no piston stop required.

Latest posts

Back