whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We TD-ed a 70 foot white pine. I suppose we could have Murphed it but it was nicer to drop the limbs close to the trunk and run them through. I mean 70 feet worth of broken, busted, stove in the ground pine boughs compared to a ergonomic hour and half of civilized chipping?

T31511"]I'm all for that doc. Plus you don't
I'm all for that doc. Plus you don't need to rake a half acre of busted up white pine. Did you get all the limbs laying right or come down to a teepee ?

Not to much teepee but I was running hard for an hour and half. Just me an another guy, we know better than to kill each other. I talked him into climbing by telling him that he didn't want to be down there shucking limbs through the chipper while I took potshots at his back.

Wait! What?

i will do best to explain but its a long story to tell of big oak limb over low use but highish value area of lawn with 1/4 longitudinal top decay colum over 3 m long. Its sound at trunk union as i have done Picus tomography examination but poor mid term prognosis eg 5 - 15 years is the top decay, i have weight worked much off to retain & fitted the bull rope for short term while awaiting a garden bed to be built in target zone.

derwoodii knot is a running 8 stronger than a bowline but dont bite down

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/whats-this-knot.110861/

P7160011.JPG P7160005.JPG

It was an awesome day! Very productive, took half the time we had figured to lay down this Maple tree. Tomorrow we well just be chipping brush and loading fire wood. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

Helped my boss t0 the emergency room. He was jumping off the back of a trailer and caught his finger with wedding ring on. Almost peeled all the skin off the finger. Fortunately it was not a full evulsion. If you wear a ring consider removing it while working.

Helped my boss t0 the emergency room. He was jumping off the back of a trailer and caught his finger with wedding ring on. Almost peeled all the skin off the finger. Fortunately it was not a full evulsion. If you wear a ring consider removing it while working.
I switch my ring one I get in the truck to one of these

http://qalo.com

"Kiss My Axe"
Associate degree in forestry from PSU Mont Alto
Certified Arborist
Owner/operator of Climb High Tree Service established in 2002
www.climbhightree.com
https://m.facebook.com/ClimbHighTreeService
https://www.youtube.com/user/climbhightree
https://www.youtube.com/user/2treekiller2

I stopped wearing my wedding ring years ago. Actually, I got drunk and lost it.

I haven't worn any rings in over 25 years. I have a wedding ring and a really nice masonic ring around here somewhere...or maybe wife put them in the lock box at the bank. Hell...IDK. We built this house in 2001 and I can't even remember seeing them since we have lived here.

The tubing for the pivots on the grapple came in so I finished it up.

Tried installing the new arm on the grapple. Fit great the first try with no messing around or grinding. It doesn't cause it to hang funny.

Spent 10 hours today rigging out a freshly dead elm with no main stem. Everything went out 10 feet off the ground. Oh yeah 20 square foot landing zone on one side with a satellite dish a pool with heater filter and deck facing tree and a huge patio to try to drop crap on.... Nice big landing zone on the other side but neighbors lawn. very nice woman was kind enough to let. me make a huge mess in her lawn...... In return for raking up more than a fair share of dog ****... the tree was sandwiched between two Rickey old nasty fences. ( wtf is wrong with ppl ) My poor buddy Dave had to hump all that brush out closest we could get the truck was 400ft around a corner so I couldn't even hook him up with a speed line. Alas we busted it all down and got out of there with only 2 broken dog ears on the fence tomorrow I'll head back alone and hump out the stem wood by my lonesome do a final rake and pound some dirt into the holes I made blocking it down when I got to impatient to rig it that tree was a bastard .... did I mention this entire tree had to be wrestled out of the canopy of the Norway maples that were crowding it and after I baked all day in the sun the landowner says yeah my buddy just got a chainsaw and offered to do the tree but I dident know how to get rid of the wood ...... All frustrations and dog crap aside they were all very nice ppl .... Did I mention I hate dog crap ???

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

^sounds like most of the jobs we have got this year. More of our recent work has been kicked to us from other tree companies that are too busy with the easy work and when they come across something crazy they have been giving the home owners our number. Im not so sure their not laughing at us when they do but hey its work, and its slowly building our name.

Spent 10 hours today rigging out a freshly dead elm with no main stem. Everything went out 10 feet off the ground. Oh yeah 20 square foot landing zone on one side with a satellite dish a pool with heater filter and deck facing tree and a huge patio to try to drop crap on.... Nice big landing zone on the other side but neighbors lawn. very nice woman was kind enough to let. me make a huge mess in her lawn...... In return for raking up more than a fair share of dog ****... the tree was sandwiched between two Rickey old nasty fences. ( wtf is wrong with ppl ) My poor buddy Dave had to hump all that brush out closest we could get the truck was 400ft around a corner so I couldn't even hook him up with a speed line. Alas we busted it all down and got out of there with only 2 broken dog ears on the fence tomorrow I'll head back alone and hump out the stem wood by my lonesome do a final rake and pound some dirt into the holes I made blocking it down when I got to impatient to rig it that tree was a bastard .... did I mention this entire tree had to be wrestled out of the canopy of the Norway maples that were crowding it and after I baked all day in the sun the landowner says yeah my buddy just got a chainsaw and offered to do the tree but I dident know how to get rid of the wood ...... All frustrations and dog crap aside they were all very nice ppl .... Did I mention I hate dog crap ???

Life is hard,
Never soft,
grow it long,
shave it off,,(Van Halen)
Jeff :dancing:

You care. To specify what I'm supposed to be growing long ???

I wish I could say I got this job second hand but ...... I did this to myself ..... I do get alot of second hand jobs I haven't walked away from one yet no bucket no chipper (well i don't take it to jobs its too embarrassing) no crane we do it the hard way lol

We're just gonna suck it up and keep cutting for now I'm having fun amongst the frustration beleive it or not

Oh almost forgot I just about talked a chipmunk into catching a block from 30 foot up .... That woulda been 10 points. Right ??

The nasty jobs make great pics for the album! If you have a facebook or web page it gives your clients a chance to see what your capable of. The nastier they see you have done, the better they will feel about letting you do what ever job they have for you.

[QUOTE="awschit, post: 5522627, member: 137785"]You care. To specify what I'm supposed to be growing long ???

I wish I could say I got this job second hand but ...... I did this to myself ..... I do get alot of second hand jobs I haven't walked away from one yet no bucket no chipper (well i don't take it to jobs its too embarrassing) no crane we do it the hard way lol

We're just gonna suck it up and keep cutting for now I'm having fun amongst the frustration beleive it or not

Oh almost forgot I just about talked a chipmunk into catching a block from 30 foot up .... That woulda been 10 points. Right ??

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You either got it or you don't.
Jeff

Back