Wood pile "housekeeping"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Heck we have had all these pics of wood piles. Should have one on "housekeeping the woodpile" too.

I spent a couple hours today policing up the pile, replacing pallets that were shot and picking up all the bark and debris underneath. Wood has been selling briskly already and the pallets in the pics were full a month ago.

The grass got beat up from all the truck and trailer traffic in the last week but isn't too bad.

It was cold a week ago and rather than golfing I cut a couple loads.

2n9xc2v.jpg

2059nas.jpg

2airgi9.jpg

Cut some new stuff

o9g1fd.jpg

Obligatory dog pics

2mg02h.jpg

wjjkw5.jpg

This guy was in the bird feeder a couple days ago.

2vdnnrq.jpg

Great elevated view!!!!! Very nice spread and buddies you have there.

I wish I had to deal with housekeeping as opposed to re-build after Katrina every year.

Neat looking operation. .I have some nice stacks. And then some mountains of ugly stuff I don't feel like splitting.

Yeah its been real busy here too, been getting 20-30 calls a day for wood. It's been getting in the 30s at night, winter is not far away.

Awesome pics.
Nice place and best friends.
Just curious, how many cords do your stacks there hold and how much do you sell a year and what species are you seeing mainly?

Thanks, Yatt & Kade are a big part of the household.

There are 25 cord. All red & white oak with a smattering of hickory.

The deer have grown up in the backyard and don't have much fear of my wife filling the feeders.

I gone softy in me gettin older age, I can't shoot a tame one like that. I have all the meat I want anyway, heck, I have a hard time cutting up cluckers if they have been around long enough to turn into pets.

You have a nice operation there man, it's downright pretty! Only thing I would do different is elevate the pallets up on something, cement blocks, rail road ties, etc.

Back