2100 grab bag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they both the same size pin? I haven't ordered a piston yet. Any reason why I should not use a 395?

To the carb Gurus. I have 4 tillys. Two that are s136c and two that are s136g. I picked out two of the c models and took a few pics. One has a plug near the throttle buttlefly and one doesn't.

The other two carbs both have these plugs. Are these the governned carbs? Is one of these more desiireable than the other?
IMG-20150527-00939.jpg IMG-20150527-00938.jpg

Thank you. Do you have any idea what the differenc between the "c" and "g" models are?

Only the one with the plug behind the choke pull lever (lower picture) is a governed carb.

Only the one with the plug behind the choke pull lever (lower picture) is a governed carb.
He is clearly correct. I only looked closely at the second picture as it was easier to see. However the plug can be pulled and the port plugged to prevent it from dumping fuel to govern the saw.

I just picked up a 2101. $100 runs excellent. Just missing chainbrake. Dont much care about that though. What would you plug the carb with? Mine has the governor plug too.

I have never plugged one yet but I have heard of using a punched out piece of metal. I have a bunch of welch plugs that one I'm sure will fit.

image.jpg So again I'm slow and like to work on several saws at one time. After breaking these down further the case I wanted to use the bearings had spun in the case. You may not be able to see the lip in this pic but the bearings were loose both sides. What causes this?

image.jpg The crank popped right out with bearings attached.

After reading Randy's 2100 piston thread regarding the Gulf piston and chatting with him. I decided to stuff a 395 piston in this girl. That's where I'm at now. Waiting on bearings and my jug.

I have never plugged one yet but I have heard of using a punched out piece of metal. I have a bunch of welch plugs that one I'm sure will fit.
I cut an old carb diaphragm with gasket punch - cheap and easy to remove if needed. Was gov. disabled on loose bearing saw?

The spun bearing happens when the case doesn't have the proper clearance to the outer race. The tolerance on the case could have been lost due to a number of things like pervious bearing failures/seizures and just pushing the bearing in/out over time. Beating bearings in and out of the case without using heat can cause that tolerance to open up a little and eventually they'll spin, especially if there's a bearing seizure. You should consider using a case without that type of wear. I suppose you could stake the bearing but I personally wouldn't.

The spun bearing happens when the case doesn't have the proper clearance to the outer race. The tolerance on the case could have been lost due to a number of things like pervious bearing failures/seizures and just pushing the bearing in/out over time. Beating bearings in and out of the case without using heat can cause that tolerance to open up a little and eventually they'll spin, especially if there's a bearing seizure. You should consider using a case without that type of wear. I suppose you could stake the bearing but I personally wouldn't.
I absolutely wil not be using this case. I have another to use.

Back