whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao. If you're fretting over a $20 spot,,, you had better stay a part timer. I had just finished a nice couple days Mon and Tues when I noticed a second outrigger leaking on my bucket. Basically another $2800 for a new cylinder, (plus $450 labor). Of course then there's the other one that was leaking in the first place. Then I suppose # 3 will start leaking (can hardly wait!!). Ahh, the riches...$$$. Lol.

Lmao. If you're fretting over a $20 spot,,, you had better stay a part timer. I had just finished a nice couple days Mon and Tues when I noticed a second outrigger leaking on my bucket. Basically another $2800 for a new cylinder, (plus $450 labor). Of course then there's the other one that was leaking in the first place. Then I suppose # 3 will start leaking (can hardly wait!!). Ahh, the riches...$$$. Lol.
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why you wouldn't just repack it yourself ??? Last one I did was 40$ or so ...as far as 20$ on a 200$ order yeah that's worth the 15 min to compare to me I was taking a crap when i did it anyhow.... So if blowing like 3grand on one outrigger cuz a seal is leaking means your big time well I guess I will just stay part time

Jesse

Had three seals priffessio
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why you wouldn't just repack it yourself ??? Last one I did was 40$ or so ...as far as 20$ on a 200$ order yeah that's worth the 15 min to compare to me I was taking a crap when i did it anyhow.... So if blowing like 3grand on one outrigger cuz a seal is leaking means your big time well I guess I will just stay part time

Jesse

Had three seals professionally repacked do far, they all leaked. But I guess you'd know better than the shops I've taken it to so far. Lol.

God, if I ever get chipped I hope its at least by a respectable chipper, not one of those little baby Vermeer's the rental places let out. That's all I ask.
Oh you'd only loose an arm or leg.
Or some guy clearing the feed shoot with his foot
Never done that nope dunno what you are talking about. Well i guess I've never "cleared" the feed, more get pissed at the big ass pile of sticks that won't go in and ninja kick it...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Had three seals priffessio

Had three seals professionally repacked do far, they all leaked. But I guess you'd know better than the shops I've taken it to so far. Lol.
There's not really alot to it make sure there's no damage to the chrome causing the failure make sure there facing the correct direction oil for reassembly and don't rip them up putting it back together I'm not some sort of mechanical wizard but seriously if you seen what gets replaced you would have a fit over the 40$ they charge its about 4 oz of rubbery plastic they don't sprinkle magic no leaky dust on them at the factory or anything .... I did my bobcat and backhoe attachment all in one day 3 years later no leaks no drifting they just work like they should

Jesse

MDS if you ever end up in the Mohawk valley bring a seal kit for the leaky one I'll fix ya up show you how much fun being frugal is

Jesse

b9e66e2c06822683f00d3be029439968.jpg

I ****ed a big acer in the ass today. That's what I did.

Seriously watch it on YouTube you'll be upset with the " full time hydraulic shop " after you do ...but if you feel like you need to poke fun at me and my old 2wd Chevy remember that old Chevy's not leaking on any lawns if you wanna throw money away have fun keep taking it to your professionals I don't see why you need to get all **** hurt with me I'm just trying to help you out maybe I should try to rape your wallet so we can be friends

Jesse

Just ended up ordering 3 groundskeeper rakes because customers were so impressed with them they had to have them and a Pacific kevlar for myself saved 20$ ordering from wesspur over tree stuff sure il have to wait an extra week but I don't need it tomorrow either 20$ may not be much but what's granpappy say waste not want not or something like that ?? I have nothing against tree stuff but I just don't see what makes them so special they seem to have a very strong following on here ... Good marketing ??

Jesse

I have not dealt with Treestuff yet (might place my first order soon, though, as Wesspur doesn't carry the x-small X-Ring) but Wesspur has always treated me right and the wait time is not bad either. When I ordered my climbing kit two years ago it arrived within four days; I'd say that's pretty quick for coming across the country with standard shipping.

Black Dogg

It's not the seal that's expensive... it's getting the cylinder out of the truck. And a lot of the bucket truck outrigger rams are pitted... parts from altec for mine for just the seals were 400. Labor was 2700. And I was happy to spend the 3k. I'd spent a week with a press and torch burning hammering and cursing. It was the first thing in my life I gave up on or hired out.

It's not the seal that's expensive... it's getting the cylinder out of the truck. And a lot of the bucket truck outrigger rams are pitted... parts from altec for mine for just the seals were 400. Labor was 2700. And I was happy to spend the 3k. I'd spent a week with a press and torch burning hammering and cursing. It was the first thing in my life I gave up on or hired out.

Labor is about $400- $450 to swap out outrigger, or change seals (well worth it to me). Seal kit (I supplied) from Altec was around $150 (LRIII). If the outrigger barrel is rusty and pitted, (which is my problem), no seal is going to hold, you're right there.

Latest posts

Back