Honda's new three-wheeler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Buddy of mine was getting very serious about buying a Can-Am Spyder, until I told him about this. Now, he's going to wait and sit on his wallet until they hit the market.

He said that he would have been pissed if he had bought a Can-Am, and then found out Honda was coming out with a version of their own.

Knowing Honda, it's going to sell well.

750x422

This one appears to be for a single rider only. They'd better have one for two-up if they hope to be successful with them. This one looks like a "sport" model, and not designed or intended for touring.

I've never ridden a three-wheeler, but I do see plenty of them on the road. One big draw, is stability. As you get older, you become more and more concerned about being able to balance a bike when stopped.

A couple of years ago, we were traveling in CA., and caught up with a Harley and a Can-Am Spyder. Gotta admit, the Spyder had no problem keeping up with the HD. We followed them for about 60 miles or so. I had plenty of time and opportunity to observe the Spyder rider and how he handled his machine. He did well.

More times than not, when I see a Spyder on the road, it's always two-up. Looks to be pretty comfy for the passenger. Again, two-up on a big road bike with all sorts of luggage strapped on it, as well as a passenger, can be very intimidating when stopped and trying to keep it all balanced. Or, while going very slow, as in heavy stop/go traffic or in a parking lot.

Myself, I don't feel the need......yet. But who knows, in another 20 yrs. or so, maybe I'll be ready.

I've never ridden a three-wheeler, but I do see plenty of them on the road. One big draw, is stability. As you get older, you become more and more concerned about being able to balance a bike when stopped.

A couple of years ago, we were traveling in CA., and caught up with a Harley and a Can-Am Spyder. Gotta admit, the Spyder had no problem keeping up with the HD. We followed them for about 60 miles or so. I had plenty of time and opportunity to observe the Spyder rider and how he handled his machine. He did well.

More times than not, when I see a Spyder on the road, it's always two-up. Looks to be pretty comfy for the passenger. Again, two-up on a big road bike with all sorts of luggage strapped on it, as well as a passenger, can be very intimidating when stopped and trying to keep it all balanced. Or, while going very slow, as in heavy stop/go traffic or in a parking lot.

Myself, I don't feel the need......yet. But who knows, in another 20 yrs. or so, maybe I'll be ready.
When I get to the point that I can't keep my scooter upright, it's time to stop riding, not add training wheels.

I didn't make a negative statement. I made an observation about myself.
I guess a dimwitted narcissist would think otherwise?

The term "training wheels" would suggest otherwise. One of my friends is partially paralyzed. He rides a HD trike. He doesn't think of his bike as having "training wheels".

I could make an observation about you myself, but I'm going to take the highroad this time. ;)

Cool bike. I'm a big fan of hondas.

All brands have their pros and cons. But, Honda has been and still is, way ahead, as far as overall quality and technology goes. I've had plenty of Honda's in the past. Thinking back, I had far fewer problems with them than any other brand.

I remember seeing an old guy parking/riding off on big touring bike years ago that had "training" wheels on trailing arms that raised and lowered/landed near along the back tire. Pretty sure they were deployed by the rider or/and or were automatic at low speeds?

I remember seeing an old guy parking/riding off on big touring bike years ago that had "training" wheels on trailing arms that raised and lowered/landed near along the back tire. Pretty sure they were deployed by the rider or/and or were automatic at low speeds?

Yeah, I've seen the same thing, but it's been quite a while. Lots of people still want to ride, but as they grow older or have medical issues, they can no longer support the bike at a stop or at low speeds, thus the need for three-wheeled trikes.

Fair amount of old fellas with equilibrium issues. The two wheels out front thing works much, much better than the two out back. Funny it took this long to work that out really? I suspect Honda will steal the show with their entry to the market.

Why the need for sport tires on it? Not like the tires themselves will ever see any lean, not sure if it makes sense or not.

Why the need for sport tires on it? Not like the tires themselves will ever see any lean, not sure if it makes sense or not.

Not sure if this particular Honda's front tires will lean into curves, but some do. I can't tell by just looking at it's picture.

That and the fact, that it's a single rider model intended for sport-riding, and that Honda won't put marginal tires on a machine such as this.

Back