357 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

357xp

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 357 xp an i want to get more power out of it before i buy my 372 xp wat have u guys done to one of these or what can i do i do go to crazy wit it but i want to get more power an i really just want a really woods port i can do my self to keep it cheap i no thats hard to do but i would like do it myself so i can learn a lil about this saw thanks

thats an expensive little saw to learn on . and your result will likely end up in a decrease in performance . without supervision i have know idea of your mechanical aptitude so please dont take it the wrong way. i just would hate to see you muck up your saw. if a pro build is out of the question for you learn and teach and then learn some more from your mistakes. never leaving out the hundreds of pages of mechanical two stroke air cooled tuning literature that has been published .from guys that have been there spent a ton of money to get that edjucation the old fashioned way. (trial and error and more trial and error) there is a wealth of knowlege here from some very well respected chainsaw builders im sure they would agree. you may want to consider playing around with lets say a 55 rancher if your a husky fan for example to experiment with. well hats off to ya for having the ambition to be willing to uncork your saw in the first place. franky

hey guys i have a 357 xp an i want to get more power out of it before i buy my 372 xp wat have u guys done to one of these or what can i do i do go to crazy wit it but i want to get more power an i really just want a really woods port i can do my self to keep it cheap i no thats hard to do but i would like do it myself so i can learn a lil about this saw thanks
Any luck???? I'm in the same boat. My xp is by far the best all around saw I've got... But... I'd love to bump up it's already strong motor... any suggestions??

Attachments

• 1439068907153.jpg
    1439068907153.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 59
it was done by me. I basically took off the muffler offrom the l chainsaw. drilled some holes through The Baffler plate to allow more flow. Then opened up the holes on the actual exhaust end. make sure to thoroughly wash with water and soap to eliminate shavings inside your piston

I almost forgot. You will also have to adjust your carburetor afterwards. Pretty easy to do. Just look up some YouTube videos

Latest posts

Back