• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch SP125C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm getting no interest locally so I thought I'd put this up here. Starts, runs, and oils as it should. Piston and cylinder look good. I just replaced the crank seals, replaced the carb boot with a good used one, new clutch spring, and fuel filter. New spark plug. Fuel line and impulse line are good. Air filter is good. Comes with 36" Windsor bar, .404 chain, 107 dl. Chain on it is 75%, also included are one used chain, one new ripping chain, and one skip tooth chisel chain. There is a repair on the clutch side crank. It was drilled and threaded so the clutch bolts on. It was done by Dave ( the Original Buzz Sawyer ) who I bought the saw from. It is well done and not an issue. I will sell it for $575.00 shipped two day FedEx to the mainland.

* I have pics but sometimes this site won't let me upload from my computer, like now. In the meantime I can email them if anyone is interested.

I received the pics and its a beautiful saw! So whats the difference's between the two 125's?

Excellent opportunity for someone here!

These saws have a cool factor that very few saws possess.

Oh I know! I'm meaning the sp125 and the cp 125! What's the difference's in those?

Oh I know! I'm meaning the sp125 and the cp 125! What's the difference's in those?

The CP uses a different style of cylinder, similar more to the 797 and the 101b (but with a fixed head) rather than the later saws. The CP cylinder has a steel sleeve; a flat, wide exhaust port; and the horizontal ignition mounts like the kart blocks.

The SP has a taller, narrower exhaust port and diagonal ignition mounts like the SP-80/81 or 10-10 saws. The early SP block is a steel sleeve; later SP blocks were chrome-lined. The SP block has a slightly smaller combustion chamber than the CP block and the chrome-lined SP blocks could be turned up higher than the steel-sleeve blocks (in stock trim.)

Thank you JJ! I'm new to this old American muscle. So any info will help. It looks like I have alot of learning to do.

Back