Yard Machine 21 ton splitter Valve problems?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

part time splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time on the site and i see there's a lot of good info here. I'm probably going to ask a question that has been asked before,but i searched and didn't find what i was looking for. So, here goes.
2 nights ago i was splitting on the Yard machine and i was working the little 21 ton guy pretty hard when i heard the Valve (where the hand lever is) started to sound like a bearing was loose or something. then, last night using it again on more big pieces and the splitters cylinder quit just like that, no warning. Motor still starts and runs fine, but no action from the cylinder so I'm sure that the valve is the problem, but not for sure lol if that makes sense. Also, the valve makes no noise anymore, but i think the fluid is still circulating. Anyways, looking for some info on this. Is there a rebuild kit for the Valve? I found them online for $239 but heck i bought this thing used for $500 and don't want to dump that much money into it if i don't have too. Thx in advance

Back