Did some milling today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Milled this log up today. I cut it down from my grandmas and my mom said as a kid she would have to water it everyday after school. Thought I would make her something really cool after it dries out. Any idea what it is, my grandpa alway said it was some sorta ash, just can't remember!image.jpgimage.jpg

It shows no sign of the ash borers so I didn't think I was an ash, every other ash is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty slabs. how thick are they, they look a couple inches? You could make he a bench, I cut my slabs 3 inches for benches. Here's a pic of one, not the best pic, if you would like I have pics showing the joints. What kind of mill do you have? Joe.

YES PLEASE :clap::clap:
More pics :picture:
Got to make one of them:yes:

Hey fish, nice benches. I'm not sure what I'll make with them I have plent of time to decide. I have a panther pro chainsaw mill

Beautiful slabs. I have been thinking about getting some pignut hickory logs milled. Never tried my hand, but why not. People on pinterest and the ladies I teach with love "rustic"
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the white ash I cut in Ohio

What it is (species) is less important than what it will become (furniture). Lots of potential there. Nice benches.

Back