Interesting article on Citrus Fruit Pest in FL.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
150202105517-large.jpg

It is interesting that the vector, Asian citrus psyllid is prone to predation & can be controlled with insecticides. Yet the focus is on killing the bacterium?

150202105517-large.jpg

It is interesting that the vector, Asian citrus psyllid is prone to predation & can be controlled with insecticides. Yet the focus is on killing the bacterium?
I guess it only takes one psyllid to vector the bacteria. I don't know if citrus root graph in orchards but that could be a concern also. I've wondered along the same lines if any testing has been done with propoconizol for the blue stain fungus that is vectored by SPB. Works fine for DED.
They could also be focusing on treating with what would be considered physical controls other than pesticides. I wonder if arborjet OTC has been tried. Then again I've heard mixed reviews on it for fire blight and other bacterial diseases. I've not used it myself, I would think it's labeled for edible fruit but I'm not sure.

Back