Learn me something

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What can I learn about this saw based on the tag?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    895.1 KB · Views: 104
I could care less about porting a saw and cutting cookies in a speedy fashion.

But, I'd sure pay someone good money if they could "leak-proof" a saw so that it never leaks bar / chain oil and it always provides a proper supply of oil to the bar / chain.

Hmmm.......maybe a suggestion for saw manufacturers? Is this too much to ask? :popcorn2:

Looks like you have a non X-torq 71cc 372XP
Made in the 19th week of 2003 and the 618th. built that week.

Excellent saw. I actually have 2 of those that were built in 2003... must have been a good year, i even graduated high school then too.:D

Soooo...you're young enough to use it to it's potential. Wish I had a saw like that back in.....the 70's....ouch.

They will leak if you fire it up, rev it a few times, and shut it off.

When you really stop and think about it, chainsaws are poorly designed and manufactured. They really are. I'm thinking stuck in the 1960's technology.

That's why I'd love to see HONDA step up and into the picture. If they did so with the same conviction they do most anything else they put their hand son, chainsaws would come of age.

There's a good reason though why they haven't. I don't have the data to prove anything, but I have my suspicions.

I always thought that it was just the Stihls peeing themselves when I set a Husky next to them?
No that is the stihl marking ITS territory.. Just as a mature whitetail buck makes a ground scrape then pees on it to let all INFERIOR bucks know that "hey this is my area leave or im going to F*&@ you up"
lol

how about if you do it in a garage? same affect?

Rumor has it, that running a chainsaw in a garage has an amplification effect (much like porting & MM) on the saw itself, and makes it sound and perform as if it were a much larger saw entirely.

Of course, this is just all trite speculation and I certainly have no way of verifying such. :popcorn2:

Back