Fiskers black axe head or gray head? Differences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles86

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy-

I hope this has not been answered already, I could not find this on the the forum, so here goes.

I bought a new fiskers 28" "chopping axe" as my new wedge pounding / de-limbing axe, and I noticed the axe head is black rather than gray (my fiskers 23" axe is gray). Also the head profile on the 28" axe is actually a little more narrow ( like a Dayton style) and the 23" is more like a Connecticut style.

Are the black fiskers axes less / more durable desirable in properties? Thanks again.
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment...lications/fs_publications/99232823/page05.cfm

I've not read anything bad on the chopping axes as they've changed over the years , while the original x25 is reported to be a better splitter because of the head shape the metallurgy seems to be the same and handles have been as dependable regardless of colour .
Pound away and fear or doubt not LOL

Haven't noticed, I have a few and some are splitters some are choppers/felling type maybe its simply a mean of defining the types.

Back