whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b1025a7ea1d119fadfc462a32d703832.jpg
be1b9b8be9e6fa6563d5b63416cbda60.jpg

Before and after pics (different perspective) of a crown reduction on a red oak. Tough stuff when you have to save the stuff below and lower the tips down. The rigging gets stuck so you descend and then ascend and repeat over and over.

How in the hell is reducing tip weight going to predispose a tree to tip breakage? Come on.
But I guess I am an innovator you know. I mean, I started this technique back in the 80's when I was telling Al Gore about this idea I had about the "internet".

If I need to explain it to you its not even worth it. Nobody crown reduces red oaks,, at least not that I ever heard of in my years. Leveraged end weight, yes, but full reduction?? Not so much.. ever.

The line between topping and reducing end weight seems to be a bit blurred in this conversion, that's all I'm saying.

And if you're talking about a full on hatrack, that's another topic too. Lol.

What if the tr
The only thing we won't do is top a tree anything else money talks.

What if the tree removal is desired by the client but, he want's to wait until spring? He may just want the hazard reduced for now because he has to spend a lot of money on the holiday's
So why not go in in and top the heck out of it and reduce and damage?
Come back in the spring and finish it,, two prices, two proposals,,
Jeff :cool:

What if the tr

What if the tree removal is desired by the client but, he want's to wait until spring? He may just want the hazard reduced for now because he has to spend a lot of money on the holiday's
So why not go in in and top the heck out of it and reduce and damage?
Come back in the spring and finish it,, two prices, two proposals,,
Jeff :cool:
Well that's different in that case, yes.[emoji4]

This got my attention….Who the hell buys a log like that for $500?….Not who exactly….just who as in what type of person/business…...

A lot of people. Root flare will be stabbed as table tops is my guess, log will be milled into various things. People don't buy logs to mill over there?

Latest posts

Back